The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Canadian & Euro Coin question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

I need a little help/reassurance. Here in the USA, if I wanted a spectator to sign/initial a coin then that coin would most definitely be a quarter. Everything else is either too small or too uncommon to expect to be in someone's pocket. The quarter wins....hands down...no debate.
My question is: What coin would I expect to use in Europe and Canada to be borrowed and signed/initialed? Is there any debate?

Thnk you in advance...peace, Charlie
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
2 euro coins are probably the only decent size in the EU. (Also exactly the same size as an English 2p coin which can be useful)
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Canadian One Dollar coin (Loonie) is 26 mm in diameter as opposed to 24.3 mm for a US quarter. And a two dollar coin (Toonie) is 28 mm. The loonie is one color - gold - while the toonie is two-tone: Silver surrounding gold. BTW, another great benefit - both are ferromagnetic: attracted to magnets!

Jim
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
A toonie or a 2 euro coin would be the way to go, but people may consider that to be valuable (after all, that's eight quarters you're borrowing!).

P!
Joni River
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Joni River
You can use 1 euro or 50 cent coins too.The 50 cents coin is a little bit bigger than 1 euro and they are more common than 2 euro.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Most helpful everyone....thank you all very much.

Peace, Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Canadian & Euro Coin question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL