The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Review: This End Up by Dan Wolfe/Smoky Mountain Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
THIS END UP - REVIEW

The Service:
The Service I received from Dan Wolfe at Smoky Mountain Magic was excellent. I had several questions before and after purchasing this illusion and they were all answered promptly and accurately. Shipping was fast and a tracking number was provided. The packaging was good and everything arrived undamaged.

The props:
The gimmick is very well built and sturdy. This thing should last a lifetime!

The box looks like an ordinary box but is actually made of plastic with the “box” laminated onto it. It folds down completely flat, just like a box. If treated carefully this should also last but some care is required to properly pack it when storing and travelling. I would not pack anything heavy on top of it. When my wife saw it in the living room she asked me what I was doing with that old dirty box. lol

The bag is well built but care will have to be taken when packing and travelling with it. Nothing can go on top of it. It is, however,much sturdier that an ordinary paper bag. The good news is that it should be easy to repair if it gets damaged.

The effect:
Sometimes the effects I purchase don’t exactly live up to the videos used to promote them. In this case there is a very simple video demo on the web site that looks like it was done in the shop with no bells and whistles. The effect looks exactly as portrayed on the video. No surprises! Add a little bit of your own presentation and you are good to go. (dibs on performing it with Bunny Slippers! Lol)

I sort of knew what the mechanics of the trick were before I bought it but I couldn’t quite figure out how they were concealed. Now I know why. This is a REALLY clever illusion. The gimmick is really well camouflaged and little things integrated into the illusion make it really easy to do!

Overall:
I love this illusion and it will be in my shows this fall!
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Hi Mike! Long time no see!

Not that I want to buy it myself, but how are the angles? In a situation where you have 180 degrees, is there anything you can do to still present it?

Louis Jutras
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Hi Louis,

How you been? The angles are about the same as a Super-X. 180 degrees would be difficult.
Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
Hi Mike,

I sent you a private message.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Review: This End Up by Dan Wolfe/Smoky Mountain Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL