The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Any gospel routines for hippity hop rabbits? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Hi. I finally bought myself an old 2nd hand hippity hop rabbits. The original plan was to have fun with it when I do my next children's magic show in church.
But I was wondering if any use them for a gospel routine?

Rick Lenski has kindly provided me with a good one but I was wondering if anyone else might have one.

Since mine happens to be black, white, red and yellow ... it struck me that a natural spin off on Rick's routine on love would be using the song which has the line "red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in his sight ..."
Many Blessings!!

Paul
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I think (not sure?) there was a thread on this very subject before a couple of year(s) ago, may want to check a search of it or go through past headings right here under "The Good News!" topic. I can remember discussing it, although it may have instead been on the "Fraidy Cat Rabbit" trick instead.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-26 18:07, MagicBus wrote:
I think (not sure?) there was a thread on this very subject before a couple of year(s) ago, may want to check a search of it or go through past headings right here under "The Good News!" topic. I can remember discussing it, although it may have instead been on the "Fraidy Cat Rabbit" trick instead.

Thanks. will search under "fraidy cat"
Many Blessings!!

Paul
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
There is a routine for the hippity hop rabbits in Gospel Patter for 50 Familiar Effects by Gene Oswald and Kif Anderson. This was available in the Fellowship of Christian Magicians online library. I believe the library is still off line and I don't know where else it's available. That's not much help other than to point you in a direction for more searching.

Mike
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 05:49, MikeHolbrook wrote:
There is a routine for the hippity hop rabbits in Gospel Patter for 50 Familiar Effects by Gene Oswald and Kif Anderson. This was available in the Fellowship of Christian Magicians online library. I believe the library is still off line and I don't know where else it's available. That's not much help other than to point you in a direction for more searching.

Mike

Not to worry - I do appreciate the response. And it is also not a dire need. I like the one I already have but was wondering about other routines. Need to stretch my creativity. Thanks
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Here is a way to help stretch your creativity. Find a bible message, study it, learn what the message is saying, and then look for a trick that will help illustrate the message.

It's not wrong to ask for messages that will fit a trick, but I don't think it helps much in exercising your creativety. Not as much as if you had a message first, then searched out a trick for it.

Christopher T Magician has a download available for only $10 that is excellent for learning how to adapt tricks to fit any routine or message. It's called, The Super Secret Episode. You'll find raving reviews for it under The Little Darlings forum. It'll be the best $10 you've spent. Over 2 hours of awesome material to learn from. Check it out.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Just brainstorming here...
The basis of the trick: "Turning"
Biblical parallel: Repentance.
Explain the difference between TRUE and FALSE repentance.
The bible talks about two types of repentance:I
metamellomai; which is regret you were caught.
metanoia; which is reversal of ones decision due to compunction of guilt. (Sorry you have sinned against God)

You can explain that FALSE repentance looks like permanent change, but the next time they get caught, they just change again (swapping black to white)
Say this is "false turning" with no real change (can do sucker byplay on the "turning" phrase)
Finally: show that TRUE repentance, realization that you have sinned against a Holy God, causes more than an "I'm sorry" response. It causes a person to cry out to God for Mercy, Grace and Salvation. God then changes us from the inside out; giving us a new heart and making us a new creature!
(Reveal the Red and Yellow sides)
TRUE repentance is a noticeable change in direction, caused by God's transforming power!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-27 23:30, Stephon Johnson wrote:
Just brainstorming here...
The basis of the trick: "Turning"
Biblical parallel: Repentance.
Explain the difference between TRUE and FALSE repentance.
The bible talks about two types of repentance:I
metamellomai; which is regret you were caught.
metanoia; which is reversal of ones decision due to compunction of guilt. (Sorry you have sinned against God)

You can explain that FALSE repentance looks like permanent change, but the next time they get caught, they just change again (swapping black to white)
Say this is "false turning" with no real change (can do sucker byplay on the "turning" phrase)
Finally: show that TRUE repentance, realization that you have sinned against a Holy God, causes more than an "I'm sorry" response. It causes a person to cry out to God for Mercy, Grace and Salvation. God then changes us from the inside out; giving us a new heart and making us a new creature!
(Reveal the Red and Yellow sides)
TRUE repentance is a noticeable change in direction, caused by God's transforming power!

Nice idea. Thanks
Many Blessings!!

Paul
dkbeckley
View Profile
New user
PA Wilds
5 Posts

Profile of dkbeckley
Hi, I just joined. I use Hippity Hop Rabbits to talk about 2 Cor 5:17. We can try to change, but we go back to our old ways. It is only through Christ that we become a new creation.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 10:16, dkbeckley wrote:
Hi, I just joined. I use Hippity Hop Rabbits to talk about 2 Cor 5:17. We can try to change, but we go back to our old ways. It is only through Christ that we become a new creation.

simple and to the point. nice. Thanks
Many Blessings!!

Paul
mrpiper
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
131 Posts

Profile of mrpiper
I do a "Creation" show and use the Hippity Hop Rabbits when God fills the earth with animals. I just talk silly patter about all of the animals God created and how the rabbit was one of the fastest animals ever (running / switching sides) and let the kids yell about "your turning them around!" and do all of the moves of trying to figure out what they're saying, turning myself around to the left and to the right... you know the drill. When I am ready for the reveal, I say God created more than an abundance. More than just black rabbits and white rabbits, but also red rabbits and blue rabbits! Then God saw that it was good and there was morning and evening the 5th day... and just like rabbits, by the end of the day, they were already multiplying! Maybe they could help you with your homework!
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
The FCM Library is online at the site - but you must be a member... I recommend it!
You get access to the book mentioned, many other books, magazines and articles as well as past issuses of the Conjuror/Voice (a searchable index of the Conjuror/Voice so you can search by title/authour, etc).
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Any gospel routines for hippity hop rabbits? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL