The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber optics in a restaurant? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Just got this dvd and am curious if any of you out there use this routine in the restaurant? Thanks.

-Paul
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I have used bits and pieces of the routine in a table hopping situation, and it was very well received. That's the great part of that DVD, you can pick and choose what moves you want to use to customize it to your style.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Same here.. I do a one rope routine from the Dvd. Works great in walk-around.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
IMHO this is the sort of thing to do for a waiting line or a large table in a restaurant. I prefer to have intimate effects that work on or close to the tabletop at smaller tables.
Just me I suppose.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Downsize the diameter and length of the rope for a more intimate situation. I also love to use "The Relentless Ring and String Routine" in such settings...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I have taken parts of the Richard Sanders DVD, added some Daryl moves, a few George Sands moves and came up with my own signature routine which I will do at the drop of a hat anywhere without any regard for space, angles, lighting, close contact, or even if you have seen me do it 50 times already. If you can't do your "A" material in a pinch you need better "A" material.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Very well said, Al!
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I use it in my restaurant work. I have one of the kids hold up their fingers like scissors and ask them to cut the rope. I let the rope separate into two but I jump and say "you almost cut my finger!" which the kids just love. Each kid at the table gets to do it once and if it were up to them they would just keep doing that over and over again.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
I've a mix n match of Mr.Flip, Mr.Jon Tremaine & Mr. Reggie Fernandes. As Mr. Al Angello said in 2013(refer above) come up with your own routine. I strongly emphasise Ropes can be performed for close-up walk around parlour n stage Smile All the very Best. Raj.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
The precursor to Fiber Optics was Three Ropes and a Baby which is still available at Penguin Magic for just $11.25! Well worth it.

This is one of the best purchases I have made. This routine kills. I used it all the time when I worked restaurants. I am learning Fiber Optics now.

You won't be disappointed.

Peculiar One
kekoa1
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of kekoa1
For walk-around...depending on the table/group...I'll perform a variation of mine utilizing moves from a variety of sources...with a few of the Fiber Optics moves thrown in. Although, I like to do my ENTIRE routine...which can last about 4 minutes give or take depending on how much interaction takes place during the routine. I've cut it short on occasion...but it just didn't feel satisfying all the way around. So...I only pull out this routine when the conditions are right...with at least 10-20 people at a long table. Ropes can be done for small tables...I'd just suggest coming up with a shorter routine.

I've just started playing with Daryl's Amazing Acrobatic Knot routine...just because it's short and sweet with plenty of eye candy. It also can be performed in way less time. I like having options.

Aloha!
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
One of the benefits of Fiber Optics is the flexibility of the moves, that is, the performer can leave certain elements out if the venue isn't well-suited. For instance, the moving or sliding ends that slide from one end to the other I think works better with some distance from the audience so I wouldn't attempt it in a restaurant setting. Most of the moves, however, I have found work well in most settings.
kekoa1
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of kekoa1
Bkmeyer definitely agree with you on that. The sliding ends move is better suited for parlour work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber optics in a restaurant? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL