The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What Suspension? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
Have been building my own illusions for a few years and am now looking fro some information on some king of suspension to build. There are numerous levitations and suspensions out there, most of which I know the workings of, however, I was after some advice from someone who may have built one themselves. Be interested in hearing from someone who has maybe built a simple suspension illusions such as the one where board on two chairs and both chairs removed. Information I would be looking for would be:-

Placement and sizes of steel.
Dimensions
Concealments at board level etc

Would also be interested in dimensions etc for the Princess Flying Carpet as this is maybe something my son could perform at his end of year show at school. He's only 10 but turning out to be a fine magician and wants to add some small illusions for his show. He did a show a year ago but all it included was the usual stuff he got in his xmas magic sets. He's now been practicing his new show for nearly a year with some props of mine and some that I have bought just for him.

Think the flying carpet would be a good opener to get the children interested. He's already developed his own closing for the show where he makes the head teacher/principle disappear using black art.

Thanks for your help.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Osborne has plans.

S
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
The Super-X Levitation would be "super easy" to build...so would the Flying Carpet. You can make the dimensions on the carpet anything you want. Mine is about 24 inches square, and stands about 2.5-3 feet high. You could really make it uniques and make it oblong and decorated to look like a real flying carpet. You could also modify it (as I did to eliminate the swords). I made oversize magic wands out of wood dowel and use those as front supports in place of the swords. I have always had the policy of no guns, knives or swords in my family shows.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What Suspension? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL