The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You are going to have bad luck so take full advantage of good luck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Short story. Have a colleague who has seen me perform and really enjoys my performances. The other night he wanted me to come out to a bar with his friends to do some material. He texted me and asked about meeting up. My text back said something like "do you want me to meet Terrance". I meant to say do you want me to meet THERE" But auto spell made it come out Terrance.

Well the response was "How did you know Terrance was here? You don't know Terrance?" Well, I got incredibly lucky and I played it up for everything it was worth. They are still talking about it and some have turned on each other accusing one another of spying for me.

There was a time when something like this would have bothered me because it is not repeatable. What I have learned is that with odds and statistics, etc---opportunities like this present themselves everyday and to the spectator it is just as real as something repeatable.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I say when these things happen to align perfectly, take full advantage of them. They can be minor miracles to others. It's almost like Murphy's Law in reverse, while you can't count on them there are things that do happen with some regularity when you least expect them that you can take advantage of, you just have to be able to recognize them and be able to capitalize on them.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2013-07-05 13:53, brehaut wrote:
Short story. Have a colleague who has seen me perform and really enjoys my performances. The other night he wanted me to come out to a bar with his friends to do some material. He texted me and asked about meeting up. My text back said something like "do you want me to meet Terrance". I meant to say do you want me to meet THERE" But auto spell made it come out Terrance.

Well the response was "How did you know Terrance was here? You don't know Terrance?" Well, I got incredibly lucky and I played it up for everything it was worth. They are still talking about it and some have turned on each other accusing one another of spying for me.

There was a time when something like this would have bothered me because it is not repeatable. What I have learned is that with odds and statistics, etc---opportunities like this present themselves everyday and to the spectator it is just as real as something repeatable.

Nice one, Greg. You can only imagine how this story will be told in years to come!

This is how "Legends" are born!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » You are going to have bad luck so take full advantage of good luck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL