The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » E Cigarette Smoke (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I've looked on the Café but can't find a post.

I've seen post where people talk about making an "Anywhere Smoke" device with an E Cigarette and a squeeze bulb with tubing.

However, I've not found a post with instructions, pics, or advice from someone who has done it.

Any ideas?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Any thoughts on this?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
bobandjim
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of bobandjim
I did a project similar to this back in May. My Pure Smoke device broke so I had to replace the heating coil from it. I went out and bought a $7 disposable E-cig and took it apart.

Inside you will find a long thin battery, a burning tip LED, and a wet tube of cloth, almost like a candle wic, with wires coming out of it. When I did it, I cut open the wic and pulled the heater coil out, but for your project, you will want to leave it in there.

1. I'd say cut of the LED, and the battery. Go to Radio shack and by a AA battery enclouser with space for 4 AA batteries and either a push button switch or a single pole single throw switch (essentially a switch that is either on or off like a light switch). No idea where you would get the squeeze bulb, maybe use a turkey baster bulb?, but you can get plastic tubing at the hardware store. You will also need a soldering iron, some electrical wire, and heat shrink tubing.

2. You will need to solder the electrical wire to the original wires going into your wic. Cover the two wires with heat shrink tubing at the point where you soldered so they don't short circuit. Push the wick down into your plastic tubing.

Attach one of the wires to the switch and then to the positive terminal of your battery enclouser. The second wire goes directly into the ground terminal of your enclouser.

3. I'm envisioning two ways to go about the switch problem. One you can use a push button that activates as you squeeze the bulb with your arm by just taping it to one side of the bulb. The other way would be to put the SPST switch somewhere you can access it discreetly and turn it on just a second before you squeeze the bulb and turn it off right after. If you leave it on too long the smoke will continiously flow out as it escapes from your sleeve. Personally I'd say the push button is easier if you can get a push button that triggers easy enough.

All in all I don't see this costing more than $20 to $30, and less if you already have all the tools.

When I did it I stoped at step two because I used the exisiting swtiching and battery components of the Pure Smoke device.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if I didn't explian something well.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 14:01, bobandjim wrote:
I did a project similar to this back in May. My Pure Smoke device broke so I had to replace the heating coil from it. I went out and bought a $7 disposable E-cig and took it apart.

Inside you will find a long thin battery, a burning tip LED, and a wet tube of cloth, almost like a candle wic, with wires coming out of it. When I did it, I cut open the wic and pulled the heater coil out, but for your project, you will want to leave it in there.

1. I'd say cut of the LED, and the battery. Go to Radio shack and by a AA battery enclouser with space for 4 AA batteries and either a push button switch or a single pole single throw switch (essentially a switch that is either on or off like a light switch). No idea where you would get the squeeze bulb, maybe use a turkey baster bulb?, but you can get plastic tubing at the hardware store. You will also need a soldering iron, some electrical wire, and heat shrink tubing.

2. You will need to solder the electrical wire to the original wires going into your wic. Cover the two wires with heat shrink tubing at the point where you soldered so they don't short circuit. Push the wick down into your plastic tubing.

Attach one of the wires to the switch and then to the positive terminal of your battery enclouser. The second wire goes directly into the ground terminal of your enclouser.

3. I'm envisioning two ways to go about the switch problem. One you can use a push button that activates as you squeeze the bulb with your arm by just taping it to one side of the bulb. The other way would be to put the SPST switch somewhere you can access it discreetly and turn it on just a second before you squeeze the bulb and turn it off right after. If you leave it on too long the smoke will continiously flow out as it escapes from your sleeve. Personally I'd say the push button is easier if you can get a push button that triggers easy enough.

All in all I don't see this costing more than $20 to $30, and less if you already have all the tools.

When I did it I stoped at step two because I used the exisiting swtiching and battery components of the Pure Smoke device.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if I didn't explian something well.

Old post I know did you ever get this little invention to work?,just curious as I have had thought on similar lines,just no good with electronic's,lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » E Cigarette Smoke (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL