The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bicycle Lefty Deck's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
These look pretty cool. And Kevin Reylek is a talented chap, so that would be golden having a video with him showing the uses of a lefty deck!

House Of Playing Cards CLICK HERE

"FREE Video with Purchase: All Lefty Deck purchases include a free video download starring Kevin Reylek, offering several fun ideas and magic tricks that can be accomplished with this deck"

SPECS:

The World's Only Reverse-Index Bicycle Deck

The Bicycle Lefty Deck is the world's first and only reverse-index Bicycle deck. Officially licensed and printed by the US Playing Card Company, the Lefty Deck is a terrific utility item for any magician.

Endless Possibilities

This deck can be used for unique new forces, peeks, spreads, fans, color changes, and reveals. Lefties will appreciate the ability to perform standard peeks and fans, while righties can take advantage of reverse spreads and fans. All magicians can mix the Lefty Deck with a normal Bicycle deck for interesting forces, reveals, and color changes.

Classic Design + Upgraded Feel

The Lefty Deck offers the classic Rider Back design and tuck case. Each of the faces has been reversed, with the indexes being moved to the upper-right and lower-left corners of the cards. The Lefty Deck is available in both RED and BLUE backs, printed on top-quality Bicycle stock with premium Magic finish for smooth handling and lasting durability.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
How would this be different than the traditional quad index pack?

I am a lefty and have fought with regular packs for years but I think a lefty only pack would just look odd.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Lol...and this is why, despite being left-handed, I chose to learn all card handling and magic right-handed. In a way, it's made me slightly ambidextrous, which was a plus. Had the same issue when I decided to learn guitar as well. It's a right-handed person's world out there, and sometimes we lefties either adapt or deal with it. Smile
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
"How would this be different than the traditional quad index pack?"

Well, with the lefty deck you can do blank fan effects or any "reverse fan" effects where you don't want the indices to be seen - such as court cards in a fan and you can't tell exactly which ones they are.
Doctor D
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
These have been around before, then from New York Magic Project, but those were the same guys. I still can't forget the moment when Kevin switched Rune Klan's regular pack for a Lefty Deck when he wasn't looking. When Rune spread it again face up, expletives were all over the place.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yep, I originally did a small run of these decks under my "NYMP" brand about 4 years ago. This new run with HOPC is the first time Blue backs are available.

They're certainly not for everyone (not even all lefties) but they do offer some very unique, unusual, and useful applications! Some of my favorite things to do involve mixing Lefty cards with Regular Bikes - creates very interesting effects for lefties and righties! I'd highly encourage everyone to think outside the box with this deck, and not be boxed in by the "Lefty" terminology! Smile

Doctor D - that was a great moment! To clarify the story slightly, Rune was demonstrating an effect that required 2 of the same type of deck. Everyone in the group was all using some other odd type of deck, so when he spotted Red Riders in my hand, he used them. No switching of decks on my part. Smile But yes, the "WTF?" moment when he spread them face-up was priceless!!
Kevin Reylek
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
There is one gaff card that needs the pips in the other corner. This fixes that problem. I'm going to pick up some decks just to make the one gaff.
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I like to fan with my right hand, except I go counter clockwise so until now no one could see the pips so I never did it....picked up a few
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Surprised to see this come out in 808
D0N DASHER
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of D0N DASHER
Still waiting for the ambidextrous deck.

I wonder how many left handed magicians there are? I know there is a ratio, a percentage of lefties in the general population. But left-handed people may be more likely to get into creative arts like magic so the ratio may be higher.

The only magician I know for sure is left-handed is Rene Levand. The others are more difficult to identify. For me anyway.

ⱭD
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I have a deck of the NYMP ones. I have handed them to real left handed non-magicians and they couldn't see the difference. It was amusing.
Official Thread Killer
thethirteensteps
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of thethirteensteps
I'd think you could do some fun things with these even as a rightie. Some of them, like aces would seem to be mirror images of the normal card.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I have half a brick left and will be picking some more up for sure. You'd be surprised with the amount of spectators that know something looks different about the cards, but they can't put their finger on what's different. A really fun deck!!!!!!!

Jeremy
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It looks like it has more of a use then the new 'Secret Weapon' deck.Cards used to 'scare' the Vietnamese during the war.
Considering about 2 million Vietnamese died during that war I find it in poor taste.
What next? Perhaps an Auschwitz deck of cards.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-07-18 15:37, Matthew_Majere wrote:
There is one gaff card that needs the pips in the other corner. This fixes that problem. I'm going to pick up some decks just to make the one gaff.

Which gaff is that?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
To cover a couple questions from above - a few other well-known Lefty magicians include Bill Malone, Darwin Ortiz, Eric Jones, Harry Anderson, Mike Caveney, Tina Lennert, Ian Rowland, and plenty of others! I do suspect that the number of lefties in artistic communities is slightly higher than in the general population.

One thing I really enjoy is using a Lefty deck for a game of Texas Hold 'Em. Nobody realizes anything is amiss until they lift the "usual" corner on their 2 pocket cards in order to peek at them. The confusion can be used to your advantage!! Smile
Kevin Reylek
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yup! All of the 8's and 3 of the Aces (not the Ace of Spades) are perfect mirror-images of standard cards. This opens up a ton of fun magic possibilities using actual mirrors, or the concept of mirrors as a presentational hook.

Quote:
On 2013-07-19 08:00, thethirteensteps wrote:
I'd think you could do some fun things with these even as a rightie. Some of them, like aces would seem to be mirror images of the normal card.
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bicycle Lefty Deck's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL