The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best coin trick for Street (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
I also love the bent cent in spectators hand with the tt…. incredible reactions.
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com
Magic By Manny
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 Posts

Profile of Magic By Manny
I'm surprised no one mentioned copper, silver, brass...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always late to the table…yet another string I never saw, but glad I found it…:D

Loads of really good coin tricks mentioned here over the years. I have a few such coin tricks that meet the OPs query here too, but this little package has served me well over the years moving around here & there, from the streets to the suites…:)

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
[quote]On Aug 29, 2023, Mb217 wrote:
Always late to the table…yet another string I never saw, but glad I found it…:D

Loads of really good coin tricks mentioned here over the years. I have a few such coin tricks that meet the OPs query here too, but this little package has served me well over the years moving around here & there, from the streets to the suites…:)
Very nice Mr. Boykin! Thanks for sharing!
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com
Chris.k
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Chris.k
Coin vanish
Coin bend
Coin in bottle or can
Which hand effects
Pedrovincent
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Pedrovincent
I haven't reached the point of performing it yet, but Gregory Wilson's 3/4 from "Spot On" across is probably worth looking at. it's a impromptu coins across (I believe someone has already mentioned it here). Really impressive, clean and direct. Some get a bit nervous with the angles, but it has been confirmed here at the Café (and during my rehearsing with the camera) that it is actually very angle proof if you turn your body perpendicular to the spectators (which is how Gregory Wilson does it). The Tenkai/Goshman Pinch is what takes time for those with little experience with coins. Been practicing for 4 weeks, and it really is a matter of building strength.

I would also have a look at David Stone's One Coin Routine from The Real Secrets of Magic. It's a routine of his that he made specifically for walk-around/table hopping.

Cheers,
Pedro
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2014, TCB wrote:
I love Penn and Tellers version of Misers Dream, where he uses his coims to release a whole bunch of goldfish in a gimmicked tank. That was a really clever twist on a time tested illusion. Teller is actually a pretty good magician

I watched "Fool Us," once. It ended with Teller doing a wonderful floating ball routine. It was a thing of beauty. Penn came out at the end and cut the thread, leaving the ball bouncing on the stage. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I do "Silver Slide," four cards are placed onto the table. A coin is vanished and the spectator has to decide which card it's under. It turns out ALL four cards have coins under them! Followed by a very basic coin matrix.

In "The Amateur Magician's Handbook," Henry Hay teaches several "Coin From Hand To Hand" tricks. One that I've done is where the coins are slapped down on the table, and one hand is empty while the other has two coins. I could do the trick, but I only recently found an actual presentation;

"I've got a coin in each hand. Now, if the coins are face up (they are) and I slap them down on the table, they'll be face down. (Pick the coins back up, tails up) Contrarywise, if I have the coins face down, and slap them on the table, they'd be heads up!" (Pick the coins up again. One face up and the other face down) "Now here's where it gets tricky. The left coin is heads up, the right coin is heads down. If I slap them on the table (secret move) Is the coin under my right hand face up or face down?" Whatever they answer "Well, I don't like to see people be disappointed, so whichever you say, you're right." Lift right hand to show a face up AND a face down coin.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best coin trick for Street (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL