The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Zapadap - Madblood Creations, Color Changing Ghost (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
Hi All,
I just received today my purchase of a used Kid's magic effect from off of the "big auction" site, but unfortunately no instructions or routine came with it. I was aware of this situation when I bought it and the original owner couldn't remember any specifics about the trick. The effect is as per my subject, Zapadap - The Color Changing Ghost made by Madblood Creations. I bought this (at a fairly good price) because I remember through the mists of time actually seeing this effect on the shelf of my local (long gone now) magic shop - probably back in the early to late 80's (maybe even the 70's!), and I like the graphics. The mechanics of the trick are pretty obvious, but if anyone out there on the Café has one of these in their closet at home or even owned one at one time - could you possibly email me the routine (magicguy@shaw.ca) ? - I would be eternally grateful! For those of you who have no idea of what I am talking about - you can google "Zapadap the Color Changing Ghost" to see the old listing with pictures. It is basically a black picture/folder of a haunted house outlined in white with a white ghost inside the folder. When the folder is turned over, the haunted house is outlined in pink, now with a pink ghost inside the folder. At some point the ghost turns blue - but I would like to know the original routine and handling before having to make something up. To change up the theme from Halloween to Christmas, also included was a Santa Claus picture that changes from red suit to orange suit and finally to green suit with very similar type of graphics. I would appreciate anyone's help! Thanks in advance!

Bruce Hunt
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"
CanadianMagicguy
View Profile
New user
British Columbia, Canada
90 Posts

Profile of CanadianMagicguy
I guess this effect is rarer than I originally thought! After playing with it for a while, I have figured out the handling and have come up with a plausible story, but would still appreciate it if someone knows the original routine! Thanks!
"Using words to describe magic is like using a screwdriver to cut roast beef"
garymey
View Profile
New user
gary meyer
28 Posts

Profile of garymey
Did you ever get instructions? I gave mine to a friend but can't find the instructions and cannot track down my old friend Bill Madden who invented it and Glorpy.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Garymey,
You're the first person that I'm aware of to mention Glorpy. I loved it, but it hit the dust a long time ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Zapadap - Madblood Creations, Color Changing Ghost (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL