The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ted Karmilovich New Pocket MOAB Review (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Thanks for your reply, So All about Eve doesn't use a noticeable repeating bank? I've ordered MOABT Pocket edition but may still go for All about Eve as I do love the principle as used in Will to Read. Does anyone know if the teaching DVD that comes with All about Eve details teach routines that are only going to work with that particular book test or can the routines be applied to others like MOABT?
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Hi. Could someone clarify the following? Does MOAB PE allow for *all* effects that MOAB 2.0 does? If not, is there a list of the ones it does (or does not) allow?

Finally, it seems to be available only from a few retailers - anyone know why?

Thanks.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
MOAB pocket edition permits two kinds of effects. The list of things one could do with 2.0 is too long to list here.

George
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2018, AlexanderG wrote:
Hi. Could someone clarify the following? Does MOAB PE allow for *all* effects that MOAB 2.0 does? If not, is there a list of the ones it does (or does not) allow?

Finally, it seems to be available only from a few retailers - anyone know why?

Thanks.

There are loads of threads (in Penny, Latest & Greatest, and Inner Thoughts) covering all of this which could likely provide you all the answers you are seeking. They are two separate things altogether while only the principles and some shared components are parallel. The reason for only a few retailers is likely due to the wishes and arrangements from Ted, the creator, himself.
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Thanks.
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I understand that the key words in MOABT Pocket edition match the key words in the original MOABTOriginal (standard size) book. Curious to know fi anyone with MOABT 2.0 uses the MoABT Pocket edition, as well, and if memorizing and keeping the keywords separate so as not to mix them up between the two books was a difficult or easy task. I realize, of course, each person is different, depending on their ability to memorize (use pegs, etc.). But I am still interested to hear form those that own both the 2,0 and PE, how easy or hard they found remembering the new set of words.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I have MOABT Pocket and MOABT 2.0 and didn't want to cross my wires by trying to deal with both lists. (I had long ago memorized the original MOABT 1.0 words, which are also the Pocket words.)

So for MOABT 2.0, I printed a crib small enough to fit on the back of a business card.

Another card covers that in a small stack. As I take that top card to write on, I see the word list underneath, just before putting the rest of the cards back in my pocket. I use the card I took to write the first letter, etc.

Otherwise, my brain would be scrambled between two lists, each with about two dozen long words.

Jerry
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I’m learning both sets of words, hoping my brain doesn’t scramble, Jerry. I don’t like cribs. Call me a purist. Smile. Seriously. I believe I can espérante them in my mind. If not, I’ll shift lto the crib. Smile

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I use both books and have no issues at all. My memory is usually poor but for some odd reason both lists have been engrained in my flawed mind Smile MOABT 1.0 is handed to the spec on my left always and MOABT 2.0 is always handed to an audience member on my right (just a little tip)

Pete
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
I don't think that memorizing both lists should be a problem . If one does require a crib, Jerdunn's idea is a good one. Ted has some other very interesting effects which can be seen on his Penguin Live Lecture. I have incorporated 2 of them into one of my programs.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Apart from the inclusion of the Flashbook principle, are there any other new additions to the PE?
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The one addition is a variation of the Flashback principle.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Needs more than that to tempt me. I am happy with Glance and was so with Area as well. However, I imagine this is also a good option for someone without a book test.
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Hi, I've got MOABT PE but unfortunately have lost the instructions booklet that came with it during a house move and can't remember all of the words used in Adrian Bint's no pump handling to get the first letter. Can anyone help please?
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
First time going into book tests. MOAB 2.0, MOAB PE or Glance? Which of the following has little to no f*shing or p**ks?
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I do not have Glance, but I think the answer is that all of them involve some sort of f**h and/or p**k. If there was no need to secretly gain information, you would be a mind reader!

George
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2019, George Hunter wrote:
I do not have Glance, but I think the answer is that all of them involve some sort of f**h and/or p**k. If there was no need to secretly gain information, you would be a mind reader!

George

I'm aware of that, but which requires the least amount of f**hing or P**king?
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
All require you to get the first letter somehow.
ccmwl
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of ccmwl
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, AttnPls wrote:
All require you to get the first letter somehow.

Thanks for the advice. Finally decided on MOAB PE. It's a mystery thriller novel which suits my style more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ted Karmilovich New Pocket MOAB Review (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL