The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire . . . Domestic Terrorists? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
http://freestateproject.org/blogs/fsp-de......m-claims

According to the Concord NH Police Department. In an "application for $258,024 in federal funds from the Department of Homeland Security to receive a Lenco Bearcat armoured vehicle," they claim:

"The State of New Hampshire’s experience with terrorism slants primarily towards the domestic type.
. . . Groups such as the Sovereign Citizens, Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire are active and present daily challenges."

The full quote, lest I be accused of quote mining:

“The State of New Hampshire’s experience with terrorism slants primarily towards the domestic type. We are fortunate that our State has not been victimized from a mass casualty event from an international terrorism strike however on the domestic front, the threat is real and here. Groups such as the Sovereign Citizens, Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire are active and present daily challenges."

Not familiar with the Lenco Bearcat? Check out their marketing video, which they tried to have taken down after it was made public by people of Keene (a small city of just 23,409 people) opposing Keene getting it's own Bearcat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipHbhgJaX4

Most of you are probably already familiar with the Occupy groups, not exactly known for violence, or anything else remotely terrorist like; the Free State Project is an explicitly non-violent project, who's intent is to promote "a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of individuals' life, liberty, and property."

The sovereign citizens, although there have certainly be a few whack jobs calling themselves that, and, as a group, they are very misguided with their belief that they can get out of court by saying the right magic words under the UCC, they are not exactly "terrorists." No more than "Muslims" are terrorists because of a small factions of extremists.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Yes, but those groups pose a threat to the continued expansion of the bureaucratic machine and must be stomped out.
Bob
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 11:24, Intrepid wrote:
Yes, but those groups pose a threat to the continued expansion of the bureaucratic machine and must be stomped out.

Yes. Yes they do.

Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Wired - "Lawmakers Who Upheld NSA Phone Spying Received Double the Defense Industry Cash"
"The numbers tell the story — in votes and dollars. On Wednesday, the House voted 217 to 205 not to rein in the NSA’s phone-spying dragnet. It turns out that those 217 “no” voters received twice as much campaign financing from the defense and intelligence industry as the 205 “yes” voters."
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/07/money-nsa-vote/
Bob
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 11:34, Intrepid wrote:
Wired - "Lawmakers Who Upheld NSA Phone Spying Received Double the Defense Industry Cash"
"The numbers tell the story — in votes and dollars. On Wednesday, the House voted 217 to 205 not to rein in the NSA’s phone-spying dragnet. It turns out that those 217 “no” voters received twice as much campaign financing from the defense and intelligence industry as the 205 “yes” voters."
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/07/money-nsa-vote/

But we can "fix" the system!

Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Whoever is leaking this information to CNN must be stopped.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/......-attack/

"CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress.

It is being described as pure intimidation, with the threat that any unauthorized CIA employee who leaks information could face the end of his or her career.

In exclusive communications obtained by CNN, one insider writes, "You don't jeopardize yourself, you jeopardize your family as well."

Another says, "You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation."

"Agency employees typically are polygraphed every three to four years. Never more than that," said former CIA operative and CNN analyst Robert Baer.
Bob
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
ANY expansion of the burocratic leviathan MUST be dealt with! It MUST be erradicated. Please keep up guys.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Who does Patrick Leahy think he is speaking out against the SA, err NSA, like that!
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/politics/nsa-surveillance

Washington (CNN) -- There is little evidence the U.S. government's sweeping collection of phone records, as revealed by admitted intelligence leaker Edward Snowden, has helped prevent terror attacks as national security officials have claimed, a top senator said on Wednesday.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy opened a hearing on the controversial National Security Agency (NSA) program applied under post 9/11 anti-terror legislation and approved by a secret court by questioning if it works or is needed.
"If this program is not effective, it has to end," the Vermont Democrat said of the phone record collection program under Section 215 of the Patriot Act.

He noted that classified details provided by the NSA on how the initiative had been used do not "reflect dozens or even several terrorist plots" that it helped prevent "let alone 54 as some have suggested."
Bob
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 14:11, Dannydoyle wrote:
ANY expansion of the burocratic leviathan MUST be dealt with! It MUST be erradicated. Please keep up guys.

Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire . . . Domestic Terrorists? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL