The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks Using Kids As Volunteers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alkazam
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of alkazam
Hi

I'm trying to add some tricks that uses kids for volunteers. I already have many that use one kid. But I want to add some that use more than one kid (2-5). I want a trick that uses the kids, not just having them standing there holding something. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks in advanced.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Cards Across - two kids.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
What age range? Once you go beyond standing and holding something, you are often getting into too complicated instructions that slow the show down. Kids love to come up to "help". There are many effects that involve the use of many "assistants", but for the most part they involve having the kid hold something and place it inside a box or bag. Perhaps for older kids there are other suggestions, but I would be really concerned about slowing the show down too much.
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Axtel Drawing Board. Kids LOVE to shout out what the magician forgot to draw, then get invited up to draw what they've shouted. One can easily get 5 or 6 kids involved. I absolutely LOVE this effect, just for that reason.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
alkazam
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of alkazam
Thanks for the fast replies.

Tony- I youtubed the trick. (Watched Mel Mellers) seems like a rather funny trick if done right. Thanks

Charliecheckers- I'm thinking from around 7 and up. To clarify by holding something, I mean a kid just standing there holding the deck case, like a living table. Should have clarified this more. What are some tricks that you were thinking of?
alkazam
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of alkazam
MichaelCGM- That is definitely one of the coolest tricks I've ever seen. Unfortunately, at this time it is too expensive for me. I will definitely write it down for the future. Thanks Smile
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Miser's Dream
Coloring Book (under 7)
Mismade Flag
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Try the "Nest of Eggs." Have five kids pick eggs out of the clear, net bag. Have one of the kids make a silk handkerchief vanish from your hand by waving the magic wand and saying the magic words. All the kids open their eggs to find little treats inside, while the child that did the magic finds the silk handkerchief inside his/her egg. Take the silk back and give the magical volunteer a special prize.

http://www.clownantics.com/general-magic......1-p.html

You can buy extra plastic eggs just about anywhere, in case you want to use 6 kids. And, the price is a tiny bit less than the Axtel Drawing Board. Smile
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Check out Princess In A Pickle. I love this Silly Billy routine since it actively involves 4 kids, and the whole crowd is engaged in the story line. And it packs small but plays big. It may be beyond your budget at the moment at $250, but certainly worth consideration in the future. Here's the demo:

http://sillymagic.com/princess_pickle.htm

On a smaller budget, all you need is an egg bag. I tell the kids that I have this strange magical bag that lived on a farm and actually thinks it's a chicken! I explain that whenever it thinks it's around other chickens, believe it or not, it proceeds to lay an egg! Ask the kids if they want to see the bag lay an egg. Of course they do! Show them that the bag is empty. Invite 3-4 kids up and have them all start sounding like chickens. Have a kid reach into the bag only to find no egg. Say wait, you can't just sound like a chicken. You have to also look like one if you want to fool the bag. Now get them clucking while acting like chickens, flapping their wings and wobbling around the stage near the bag. You could even dress up the birthday child like a chicken if you really want to ham ... uh, I mean chicken it up. Now have a child reach into the bag, and low and behold, the bag has now laid an egg! If you use music during your show, this is a perfect time to get all the kids standing and transition into a chicken dance with music. If you use a change bag instead of an egg bag, you can have the bag first lay an egg, then put the egg back in the bag and produce a rubber chicken moments later. Hey, it's your trick, so do whatever the cluck you like! Smile

- Gary
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
A good sucker trick uses all the kids at the same time.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Step back a few years and look at some of the David Ginn routines. Charlie's Invisible Message uses 5 kids and is highly adaptable to a variety of themes. Radio Mystery Play use 5 kids in an impromptu mini-play. His Blooming Bouquet routine uses 4 kids. These routines fill a stage and are not too prop heavy. PM me if further explanation would help.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
I don't think their has to been specific volunteer tricks, meaning you can use volunteers for literally anything. I mean, if you have multiplying wands, call 5 kids up there if you want. On a side note, anyone using Rocky-I love doing this. Have him drink from a couple of water and splash the audience when he dries himself off. I do a couple times, nothingto do with topic, but II'm writing this from my phone waiting for kids to come in at preschool and thought about it
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 08:32, plink wrote:
Step back a few years and look at some of the David Ginn routines. Charlie's Invisible Message uses 5 kids and is highly adaptable to a variety of themes. Radio Mystery Play use 5 kids in an impromptu mini-play. His Blooming Bouquet routine uses 4 kids. These routines fill a stage and are not too prop heavy. PM me if further explanation would help.

I echo that and would add David Ginn's comedy linking rings routine for kids. I've used it many times to good effect.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Larry, everything you do is to good effect, bro
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Larry, everything you do is to good effect, bro
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Wacky Washer for girls

Magic wand maker for boys and girls
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Kandu Comedy Carton by Jef Eaton...I use it in EVERY show...always gets great laughs.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I also use the coloring book (you can easily call up more than one volunteer for this, depending upon your routining).
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
David Ginn has some great routines which are really worth looking into.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I use 7 or so volunteers in my Dream Bag routine and up to 15 in my word banner routine. I think you can usually find a few effects each show to include volunteers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks Using Kids As Volunteers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL