The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Deck Shells! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EricStevens
View Profile
Regular user
Valley Center, CA
129 Posts

Profile of EricStevens
Hey y'all!

I was wondering recently: Are deck shells available anywhere? I recently made myself one out of necessity using a box DESIGNED to hold a set of two decks of Bicycle Rider Back playing cards (so it already had four sides to it with a design), but I've never laid eyes on the metal ones so I don't know how different mine is. Any help on locating some would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Eric
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Deck Shells, shop til yo drop.

http://www.chazpro.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Eric!

Get The Deck Shell & DVD too. Incredible tool. Chuck Leach is a great guy, too. Highly recommended!

Doug
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Yessir Doug is correct!

Incredibly deceptive...and TOUGH!

Get one! Smile
renard
View Profile
New user
Germany
4 Posts

Profile of renard
Hi,

sorry for my English! I'm not used to writing in English.
Recently I got a deck shell from a german dealer. I'm not content at all because the shell doesn't fit the ordinary card case (Bicycle 808), it's much too short.
I know that there are shells available which are produced by Chazpro. Does anyone know these shells? Can you really use them close up?
Looking forward to getting a hint.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2014-02-17 17:47, renard wrote:
Hi,

sorry for my English! I'm not used to writing in English.
Recently I got a deck shell from a german dealer. I'm not content at all because the shell doesn't fit the ordinary card case (Bicycle 808), it's much too short.
I know that there are shells available which are produced by Chazpro. Does anyone know these shells? Can you really use them close up?
Looking forward to getting a hint.

Hello Renard,

The Chazpro DS are wonderful. You can most certainly use them close up and you can easily adapt the DS to any brand of cards as well. These shells are very sturdy ans will last a lifetime with proper care, i.e, don't drive a van over it.

I would also encourage you to look into The Cooler. It addresses some of the challenges of a conventional DS. Warning: many love the Cooler but some do not so be prepared for some negative commentary as well. I love it and it makes certain effects easier to ring in, it's very natural and unless your audience would know it's in play - HIGHLY unlikely as with any gaff, it really is a powerful tool as is a DS.

But, back to the Chazpro DS. Yes, you can purchase it with confidence. I've had one for 10 years and it is as sturdy as ever. It fits a poker sized deck very comfortably. I don't know if Chazpro sells Brifge sized shells but, check their site! Smile

Slainte,
Vlad
renard
View Profile
New user
Germany
4 Posts

Profile of renard
Hello Slainte,

thank you for your answer. Today, I ordered the Chazpro DS. I hope that this shell will fit my bicycle card case better than the Shell I bought before.
I recently bought the Cooler. It's certainly a terrific gadget. But, so far, I haven't had the courage to use it close up. Like many magicians. I'm still looking for an ingenious handling to make the secret more undetectable. I just have some ideas in mind...

renard
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 13:50, renard wrote:
Hello Slainte,

thank you for your answer. Today, I ordered the Chazpro DS. I hope that this shell will fit my bicycle card case better than the Shell I bought before.
I recently bought the Cooler. It's certainly a terrific gadget. But, so far, I haven't had the courage to use it close up. Like many magicians. I'm still looking for an ingenious handling to make the secret more undetectable. I just have some ideas in mind...

renard

Hi Renard, you are most welcome. I reaize that English is not your native language and I also realize that I muddied the waters by adding an Irish "salute." Slainte is a Gaelic word; I use it partly because I am half-Irish and because I love the sound and the look of the word. Smile My name here is "Vlad" however. Smile

So ...

Slainte, for Vlad!!

PS: I really think you'll love the Chazpro!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I have both the Cooler and the Chazpro, and most of the time I use the Chazpro...It's very well made
and looks really good.
Sordini
View Profile
New user
USA
70 Posts

Profile of Sordini
Own the cooler. Like it for some applications such as parlour and stand-up. As a close up tool in a bar/restaurant I would not use it.

How does the Chazpro compare to Greg Wilson's Cold Case?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Deck Shells! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL