The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I SCREAM! by Wolfs Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey folks,
We have a brand new Children’s magic effect just in time for those HOT Summer days!
The magician takes the kids on a magical journey with one of the most favorite delights a child could love…ICE CREAM!
The routine quite literally gets the kids SCREAMING for ICE CREAM!!
This new effect is packed with many magical moments, lots of color and ends with an awesome finale’!
Packs flat! Plays HUGE! And even comes with its own Storage Bag!

EFFECT: The magician reminisces of his childhood days and how much he loved a certain type of treat during the hot Summer days but he just can't quite remember what the treat was called. Of course the kids begin to yell ICE CREAM! The magician mistakes what they are saying for the words "I SCREAM" and the fun begins. Finally he understands their intent and begins a very magical demonstration proving that "when life hands you VANILLA" you must make the best of it!
Five Vanilla ice cream bars magically change to FIVE DIFFERENT FLAVORS in various ways using the magical "Flavor Napkins". After each magical flavor change, they are placed in holder slots in the base. The magician is left with five "Flavor Napkins" and a big scoop of VANILLA in the large cone. The napkins are too small to perform the next feat of magic so the magician MAGICALLY TRANSFORMS the FIVE SILKS INTO ONE LARGE RAINBOW CLOTH!
( Change Bag or your favorite switching device is needed. To reduce costs, THIS IS NOT INCLUDED! )
The magician cannot decide what flavor he likes the best so he MAGICALLY TRANSFORMS THE SCOOP OF VANILLA TO A LARGE SCOOP OF RAINBOW SHERBET!
IN STOCK and READY TO SHIP!

Here is a direct link to our website...
http://wolfsmagic.com/

Hope you guys like the new effect!
Chance

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Althought the demo video isn't up yet, but to buy a new Chance Wolf Kidshow effect is a no-brainer! My order is already in and when it serves I'll post a review and maybe a live performance video! Looks to be a winner!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Well my I Scream Ice Cream prop from Wolf Magic arrived yesterday in Hong Kong - well-protected from the ravages of global postal travel! When I opened it up I was delighted as usual with the colorful craftsmanship of Chance Wolf! The prop 'screams' fun and is solidly-built to withstand professional use. However, the drawstring bags, although functional, provide only minimal protection - and you might consider wrapping them in bubble-wrap if you're fraud of them getting banged up in your case.

The routine provided is solid - but as with all dealer props, in need of some thought and some additional props like comedy wands and in my case, a color-changing silk streamer to effect the final color change of the vanilla ice cream cone to the rainbow surprise. All the props are provided (except for the change bag as stated explicitly in the sales copy) but I do feel the large rainbow 'cloth' could have been of a quality and color scheme that matched the smaller silks better. Also some thought is needed so as to provide more variety when changing the smaller ice-Popsicles (in order to avoid monotony). In the instruction sheet provided, Chance does offer some solutions to this - but I think more audience involvement can improve the appeal of this routine - perhaps more than 1 Popsicle can change at a time?!

The mechanics are simple and trouble-free, but care needs to be taken with angles when the proposal set up on your table - definitely no one can be behind you!

All in all, a great piece of 'eye candy' magic which will play well for the 7 year old and under audience. I'll see if I can upload a video of a live performance in a couple of weeks nice I get the above kinks worked out! Thanks Chance for coming up with this prop and routine - I'm sure it will be another winner with kidshow and family entertainers around the world!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I just got mine today and all can I say is WOW!! A wonderful looking prop that simply looks great but I think will make for a great routine. I had bought Wolfes Dino magic egg and used it all summer long and it held up and still looks great. Yea his props cost a bit more but WELL worth the extra money to get a prop that looks nice and will with stand hundreds of shows with no wear and tear.

thanks Chance!
Ken Scott
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I've often heard it said "that good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good". Pay for quality, it comes out cheaper in the long run.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Hey Ken and Bern,
Thanks for the great reviews! I really appreciate it.
Ken,
It's great to see you jumping in on another Wacky Wolf effect! I know my stuff cost a bit more but you get TEN TIMES the quality at NOT TEN TIMES the price (to a comparable prop) I hope you enjoy the routine and would LOVE to see a video of you performing it someday! It would beat the heck out of me fumbling around trying to demo the darn thing! Smile
Thanks for the support!

Bern,
I am glad you see the value in the prop and I would be happy to address some of your concerns.
The bag was simply included to contain the props and help avoid scratches and dings but was not intended for heavy duty storage.

The Rainbow Cloth provided I think is awesome and it was needed for the Opacity during the "move" plus a large Rainbow Silk would have been cost prohibitive. I could not find a decent rainbow Silk/Cloth anywhere and I looked deep online. My only choice was to have them custom made and they would have been EXPENSIVE.

I provided 4 color change variables however I am sure you and others will find many cool ways to expand on the changes. I try to leave room for folks to think and create for themselves rather than sell a pre-packaged routine ending up with a bunch of Wolf Clones out there Smile
Thanks for the support Bern! We always appreciate your great support!

I wanted to chime in on the I SCREAM effect. I personally love the effect in many ways myself.
I was a bit baffled by the response in sales as it did not do as well as many of my other effects.
And it is a LOT of QUALITY MAGIC for the money!
My first thought was "Hey. that can't all be hits!"
This I am well aware of and never have been cocky to think they will all do great.
But what got me was once folks started writing back to me, once receiving the prop, they had nothing but wonderful comments and LOVED it!
So I quickly thought, OK...better get to the demo video!
So I did that and still no major change in sales.
So..I LOWERED THE PRICE by $45 thinking I might have overpriced it.
(For the record...we REFUNDED THE MONEY to ALL of our customers who bought it at the higher price!)

Well, that seemed to have helped however I think maybe the Paddle Move was worrying some folks...which I am not sure why nobody would know the PM but hey!

So, if you want a HIGH QUALITY FRESH NEW ROUTINE for the younger audiences...ya can't go wrong with I SCREAM!!
Thanks for the support folks!
Chance

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 17:51, Mark Boody Illusionist wrote:
I've often heard it said "that good things aren't cheap and cheap things aren't good". Pay for quality, it comes out cheaper in the long run.

Mark

You nailed it Mark! Thanks man.
Chance

magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Thanks for your comments and suggestions Chance! There was no way I was criticizing your product and hope my mini review wasn't seen as being negative! You know I am a staunch supporter and have bought many of your products over the years - all of which I've loved! I also do realize that each item needs to have a personal touch and routine built around it. Therefore I want to thank you for coming onto this discussion and share your valuable comments with me and the rest of the forum members. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the rest of us and look forward to more innovative and fun products from your fertile imagination!
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Bern,
NO problem at all!! I WANT input from folks whether good, bad, or somewhere in the middle.
I am not a perfect man and never claim to make a perfect prop.
We, as a team, can only better these creations by giving honest input or just cool new ideas that you may come up with!
Thanks for the input Bern and thanks so much for the great support over the years!!
Chance

Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 19:55, Chance Wolf wrote:
Bern,
I am not a perfect man and never claim to make a perfect prop.
Chance

Don't be ridiculous Chance. Of course you are perfect!!! Missed seeing you at Live, but your new props looked great!! Smile JR
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The scream is a hoot. . .

Looking forward to using it in performance and will let people know how it plays.

Beautiful work, as usual. I like the variation on the Forgetful Freddy but with an original technique for the change. I also like combining with the paddle moves into a much longer routine with several magical moments rather than just one. This reminded me of an update of the Jack Hughes Peacock Phantasy which has similar transformation of main prop with paddle move complements. I find this one to be more up to date and geared to modern kids.

The pops almost like they are dripping or that they are the $5 pops that horrible ice cream truck sells all summer. Now I have the pops without the stickiness or having to plunk down $5 every time. Thanks Chance.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have to echo all the positive comments. I received this a few days ago and was very impressed with the whole package. The props are top notch built to last! I can say there is nothing I do not like about this. What a quality product and a great idea delivered by Chance!

Thanks Chance!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
RNK,
Thanks for the great review! The quality and method cannot be appreciated until it is in your hands.
I have heard nothing but great feedback from folks who have made the purchase.
They all say that the kids LOVE the effect and have great fun through the entire routine.

One IMPORTANT NOTE: The video makes appear that I am taking something away, in the rainbow cloth during the final color change.
I am NOT TAKING ANYTHING OFF OF THE GIANT ICE CREAM SCOOP.
The Rainbow Cloth can be shown EMPTY immediately after as it IS EMPTY.
I should have kept it in the camera shot and proved this but I missed the fact that it looks like a "video cheat"
The Giant Scoop of ice cream Color Change is BUILT IN TO THE UNIT...and it is a very cool yet simple method.
And resets almost instantly.

We do have some left in stock and are ready to ship!
Thanks again

Chance

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 12:05, Chance Wolf wrote:
RNK,
Thanks for the great review! The quality and method cannot be appreciated until it is in your hands.
I have heard nothing but great feedback from folks who have made the purchase.
They all say that the kids LOVE the effect and have great fun through the entire routine.

One IMPORTANT NOTE: The video makes appear that I am taking something away, in the rainbow cloth during the final color change.
I am NOT TAKING ANYTHING OFF OF THE GIANT ICE CREAM SCOOP.
The Rainbow Cloth can be shown EMPTY immediately after as it IS EMPTY.
I should have kept it in the camera shot and proved this but I missed the fact that it looks like a "video cheat"
The Giant Scoop of ice cream Color Change is BUILT IN TO THE UNIT...and it is a very cool yet simple method.
And resets almost instantly.

We do have some left in stock and are ready to ship!
Thanks again

Chance

That's funny because before I received mine I though the same thing about the "cover" over the scoop. But when I received mine and was proven wrong I was even more pleasantly surprised when I discovered the correct method. I really can't wait to perform this. I think the kids are going to LOVE this. And Chance - you are so right- the quality is superior. All the props are top quality and should last a long long time.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Just received mine, and while I have not had a lot of time yet to play with it, I think I can without any doubt say this is definitely a keeper. It will definitely go in many of my shows for young children because it is something they can easily understand. And having it in front of you, it is just absolutely beautiful as well. Thank you. I am so impressed with this item, I may have to look into more of Chance's items.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » I SCREAM! by Wolfs Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL