The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » A way to opt out of the sales announcements from Mr.Brooks? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oberon_Puck
View Profile
New user
The Berkshiers
28 Posts

Profile of Oberon_Puck
Is there anyway we can have the chance to opt out of the sales PM's Mr.Brooks sends out? They are only ever talking up this pack of cards or some trick a friend of his has made. Nothing terribly interesting or informative.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
These announcements and clicking on the Banner Adds help pay to run the Café.

I get a lot of enjoyment from the Café and all for free.

I think looking at an add for a minute (or less) is a small price to pay.

-Mary Mowder
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
They may not be interesting or informative to you, but to others, they may very well be.

All you need to do is open the PM, and click on the delete icon you will find in the bottom right corner.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
This is Steve's place - we're allowed to hang here for free. I've made countless friends in magic through this site - as far as I'm concerned, Steve can do what he pleases. We definitely owe him that much.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Oberon, when you registered on the Café, you agreed to read and follow all the rules. I'm assuming you missed this statement in the rules forum.

Quote:
SPECIAL NOTE: Members may receive announcements or special offers via private message from The Magic Café and its sponsors, or The Magic Bakery regarding magical products or events which we feel may be of interest to our magical members. When you sign up as a member of the Magic Café you agree to receiving such notices from us as part of your FREE membership. This is a small price to pay for free access to such a great resource such as The Magic Café. Besides, if the message does not interest you, delete it.
Where the magic begins
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
Talk about the dog biting the hand that feeds him...

Sheesh. What an insignificant price to pay for access to a board such as this.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-08-10 19:15, billmarq wrote:
Talk about the dog biting the hand that feeds him...

Sheesh. What an insignificant price to pay for access to a board such as this.

Agreed!
If it makes you feel better,just hit Delete... whilst,using misdirection!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
I don't disagree with anyone's comments that this is Steve's site and he can do whatever he wants. However, I would like to offer feedback that I think the Private Message feature is not the best way to be broadcasting advertising. It kind of defeats the purpose of "private" messages. As it is, when I see the flashing PM button, I just assume that it is an advertisement from Steve, and I ignore it, sometimes missing real private messages from other members.

Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Since Steve has no idea how many of the members here are interested in his announcements, the PM feature is the best way to communicate them generally. It's a simply thing to click on the PM icon and see who your PM's came from. If you're not interested, just delete it.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » A way to opt out of the sales announcements from Mr.Brooks? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL