The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Point 3 seems to fit this group pretty well: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12......tpopular

Nice little article on 6 Ugly truths you need to accept to pull yourself out of a rut. Point 3 seems to fit this group to a T.

"Be they disempowered toddlers or exhausted parents or fed-up coworkers or confused, random, mentally unstable strangers on the street, our fellow humans sometimes make up insanely stupid points -- then fight fiercely in defense of them. Only Louis C.K. can make this funny. But he does have a point. People -- and not just kids -- will insist Fig Newtons are actually called Pig Newtons. They will claim Mississippi has seven s’s in it. They will swear the sun covers the moon during a lunar eclipse. Your job is not to argue or present the truth to them. You will not get anywhere and you will turn into the crazy person trying to argue your case. Your job is to go to the bathroom and laugh. Or write down your insanely correct points on a piece of a paper towel -- and then flush them down the toilet."
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
That's beside the point. Not on top of it but beside it...
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Great observation, and seems really applicable. I think I'll keep this in my back brain to keep me from posting too quickly, and unnecessarily.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Well put!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Been doing that myself for a bit now. Much easier than getting one's self in a snit. This way I get to agree with whom I wish and silently tell those on the fringes with whom I disagree to, well, you get the idea. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 10:02, Slide wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12......tpopular

...Your job is to go to the bathroom and laugh. Or write down your insanely correct points on a piece of a paper towel -- and then flush them down the toilet."

Not to write them down as received wisdom, demand the papers be treated as holy relics of "the unflushed word" , not demand status as a religion, and not rest until those who were not so gifted respect and follow your words... ?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Point 3 seems to fit this group pretty well: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL