The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » David Regal's "Clarity Box" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrismatt
View Profile
Special user
Why would you read any of my
978 Posts

Profile of chrismatt
I've never highly recommended something I've never owned, let alone not even seen in person before; but every mentalist should be aware of David's latest little miracle, "The Clarity Box": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM_WVDe1gYk

It is perfect for prediction work (think "Annemann's Perfect Card Trick" or my own "ConFab Four" routine from Elliott Bresler's masterwork, SWITCHCRAFT, the 18th supplement), especially when used with an Index (or an Index combined with a bit of Equivoque). (I have always been a strong advocate of presenting prediction effects in such a way that you appear not to know what item has been selected when you hand the prediction to someone.)

Now, instead of a folded playing card or bill, imagine that the folded card inside the box is an Index Card (lined side out) or a Business Card (printed side out). Also, the Box can hold other objects that can be dumped out into the hand without impeding the working of the gaff. I understand that the gaff can be easily removed, so the clear box can be, for example, left on a shelf for anyone to look at.

David has already put out a large body of fantastic work over the years. I "predict" that this may well go down as his most wondrous creation EVER!

CM
Details make perfection, but perfection is no detail.
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Another great item from David. Can't wait to get my hands on this Box.
AR
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I purchased this at Magic Live, to use for this very purpose. It is a terrific switching device, and very fair looking.
John
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Well this is certainly exciting looking.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Pleased to learn that other objects can be in the box...eagerly awaiting its arrival.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
One word:

Awesome
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
FIVE STARS - DAVID'S BEST RELEASE EVER - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED...

SO clean - so good - this effect is going to be discussed for a long time. A Mentalist's dream box. !
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
What is the effect of the con fab four routine, I am interested?
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Daren,

In your research, look into Confabulation, now a classic plot in mentalism and one of the best mental effects. There's a particularly good version called Confabulous in Ron Wilson's book. And there are gimmicked wallets available that are marketed for Confabulation.

Cheers,
Jerry
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
I have come across a routine called Dreams and Devices by Bob Cassidy, would this work with the clarity box?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Daren,
I think it would. In dreams and Devices, the reveal card is loaded flat into an envelope. If you modified the routine a bit, perhaps add a step to end up with the card folded, then it would work with the Clarity Box.
KJ

On a separate note, I just love the Clarity Box! One of the best, IMO.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
With Clarity Box, you can also show The Grail routine by M.Rose.
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
Mine's ordered. Can't wait. 'Dodgy Pad-free' and 'switch-free' Add-A Number is where I'm thinking of going at the moment...
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
Well, when I say switch free, you know what I mean!
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I own this, and would like to speak to either David or someone else who owns this. I am having an issue with my box and am not sure how to fix it.

Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » David Regal's "Clarity Box" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL