The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For Gun Advocates Only.....O)thers need not respond (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Couldn't y'all just find a nice deck of cards? I hear ellusionist has some cool white on black decks (ducking stray bullets).

Besides, I was told my handling of the one handed top palm was disarming.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
That's ok landmark, I get why you'd rather see us become CCW folks become card throwers rather than carrying weapons to protect ourselves, and that's cool. I appreciate your position. Smile

A good card thrower could probably take out an attacker's jugular at 7-10 feet. But my card skills demand the .380 over the deck of cards. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I can dodge bullets. AA
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
D****t tommy, you got in there before I could edit my post!

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
HCM
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of HCM
Quote:
On 2013-12-02 21:07, Bob1Dog wrote:
You're righht, you're gifted to be a holster maker. Smile

Since my last post here and on the recommendation of a retired state trooper friend, I purchased a S&W Bodyguard .380 with an Insight laser. It has a six-round magazine plus one in the chamber and I like that it has the external safety. I'm just not as comfortable with the Glock 27 and it's lack of external safety.

The S&W Bodyguard is a beauty of a handgun, slightly larger than the palm of my hand and makes for real easy carrying, holster or not. It has become my carry of choice. I can carry it in a suit jacket, overcoat, pants pocket and just about anyplace else on my person comfortably. For me, comfort is the name of the game. I can't stand the Nate Squared 2 Tactical (N82) I purchased for my Glock 27. I simply am not comfortable carrying inside my waistband.

As you pointed out most encounters occur at between seven and ten feet and seven rounds out of a .380 works for me. Not all will agree, favoring a larger round. But that's my comfort level.

There are several 9mm guns that are about as small as that bodyguard. I would prefer a bigger cartridge for myself, especially in the winter, but whatever works for you is better than nothing.

As for the Glock safety issue, why don't you feel comfortable carrying it? What do you think is going to happen? None of my carry guns have a traditional safety, but they all have internal safeties for things like preventing accidental discharge in case of being dropped. If you follow these safety rules, nothing bad can happen. Keep muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times. Keep finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.

I rarely draw my gun unless I intend to fire, and that's never happened. Occasionally, I will pull it out in the car if I'm in a bad neighborhood and put it somewhere handy. The only other times I have drawn are when things go bump in the night and I need to clear the house. In those times, my finger is nowhere near the trigger, pretty much up on the slide, muzzle pointed in a somewhat down direction. In those scenarios, I've never wished I would have had a gun with an external safety. I tend to believe that if you can't handle a gun without a safety, safely, then you probably shouldn't have a gun. Remember, the safety isn't always foolproof either. Just my $0.02.
Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic, LLC
www.highcalibermagic.com
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Just my opinion brother. My comfort level. Don't misunderstand me, I carry the Glock, but only in circumstances where it is comfortable to wear under my clothing, more like in the cooler weather and winter.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For Gun Advocates Only.....O)thers need not respond (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL