The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Dick Newton: The bay area's funniest magician! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of a dear friend and mentor, Mr. Dick Newton.

Dick billed himself as "The Bay area's (San Francisco) funniest magician" He was a true friend, and a wonderful performer.

He will be missed!!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Sorry,to hear of his passing! Never knew him,but must have been a funny entertainer to bill himself as such! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thank you, Gary!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
So sorry to hear that. I met Dick Newton years ago in CA and we corresponded for a while. He was a great guy.

Gerry
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dick was an amazing soul in the Bay Area magic scene. He is deeply missed.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Indeed, he will be missed. My wife used to hire him for her school shows. He also used to judge magical performances as well. He was a compendium of magical knowledge. Lynn
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
For those interested, I have news of a celebration/memorial for Dick Newton. The celebration of his wonderful life in magic will be held at the upper Lucas Valley community center, 1201 Idylberry rd. in San Rafael, Ca. on the 29th. of September at 1:00pm

Also, the family is setting up the Dick Newton healing through magic fund. Donations are welcome, please make them to Marjorie Newton!

Jorey

charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Dick was a friend. We worked together at The Mansions Hotel, he was my relief on my day off. He was funny, classy and just a gentleman. He was always supportive of me, even through my tough times. He will be sorely missed. RIP Dick!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Dick Newton's memorial was today which included the customary/very classy broken wand ceremony, performed by Paula Ramsey! A wonderful send off to one of our own who made this art extra special for so many of us!!

RIP Dick Newton. . .

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Dick Newton: The bay area's funniest magician! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL