The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Need help in identifying a coin effect... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I recently saw a coin effect involving a small Ziploc baggie, perhaps 3"x5" or so. However, I don't believe the size matters. There were 2 coins in the Ziploc bag. I believe they were a quarter and a penny. Magician asked someone to name a coin and the quarter was named. The Magician then proceeded to remove the quarter from the bag, leaving the penny inside. The bag was not opened nor were there any slits in the Ziploc bag. Anyone know the name of this effect?
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Maybe it's 'bag 4 life'?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea that's the effect for sure.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Yes, that's it. Thanks Hackmonkey.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I have a spare one for sale using a 1 Euro coin if you are interested.
I love this quickie effect and usually use it as a lead-in to another effect such as a hopping halves type effect or 1 coin flurry ending with jumbo coin.
Even though I am in the USA I have grown very fond of using foreign coins. Specs are interested and fascinated by them and no more suspicious of them than using a half dollar in my experience.
European coins provoke pleasant memories for many Americans, which many US magicians overlook IMHO, but that is a thought for another thread I guess.
But Bag4Life gets great reactions and adds another element of mystery to a coin routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Need help in identifying a coin effect... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL