The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble magic books/DVDs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
What are the best thimble magic books or DVDs? Something like beginner to pro material. Smile

RJH
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I really love Lloyd Enochs Master Manipulation of Thimbles. It was my first thimble book and it still holds a special place in my heart. Mogar's book is great but he uses very small thimbles. If that's your thing then pick up Mogar's.

There are many other works out there that include thimble magic. I find a lot of it redundant. Lots of it is printed over and over again.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Walter B. Gibson's _What's New in Magic_ has a trick called "Jumping Thimbles: Finger to Finger." There are four thimbles on the fingers of one hand. They visually jump--with no cover!--one by one from one finger to the next until they are all on the same finger! Can't get much more magical or visual than that!

Years after I first read that routine in Gibson's book, I saw Anverdi's lecture in Norfolk and he did that routine as part of his lecture. It looked like--MAGIC! (As did all of Anverdi's magic!)

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks for the tips Peter and Sonny. I'll look them up.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tantalizing Thimbles
Shoot Ogawa Professional Thimbles
Sam Berland's Thimble Routine
Geoffrey Buckingham Thimbles in his books It's Easier Then You Think
Mike Caveney Thimble Act special features in his book Magicomedy (Out of Print)
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Please look at Jeff McBrides DVDs. He is an excellent teacher and there are dome great thimble routines.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks Bill and Jay. I think that I will get Shoot Ogawas DVD and maybe some of Jeff McBrides aswell.

RJH
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Don't "maybe get Jeff McBrides videos" GET JEFF McBrideS VIDEOS!!! If you are serious about manipulation, get world class manip by Jeff.
They are great.
But consider this, you are currently working on a card act and a ball act, by what I have seen on the Café. And they both need work. I reccomend waiting on thimbles until your current acts are polished. It's better to have one good act than three mediocre acts.
And another thing. In my opinion, thimbles are a very "womanly" object. Perhaps change it to another object that uses the same methods.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Dan Harlan did this by changing his thimbles to small casts on the end of his fingers.
Jeff's videos are great. So much info and he is a great teacher.
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
I know people have used Chapstick caps
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Tops Treasury of Thimble Magic.......GREAT BOOK!!

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Tops-Treasury......blmc.htm
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Peter Biro (i know he is around here somewhere) has a nice little thimble routine, peter peeper. more casual than a shoot ogawa routine. Might fit your style. I enjoyed the routine a lot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thimble magic books/DVDs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL