The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Flying Box Illusion? Good, Bad and MORE?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SuperMagicMan27
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of SuperMagicMan27
Does anyone have any information on the flying Box Illusion & where or who makes the best and/or what the ups and downs are? Has anyone ever got one from Flying Box Illusion Hocus Pocus?

Thank You
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
If I were going to buy one, I'd buy it from Dan Wolfe.

Jim
sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
This is probably an illusion you could build for yourself. If you know how to weld or know someone who does, can be done quite cheaply. I'm just completed one for myself with a twist.

Not quite sure how to work it yet, either show the girl or not?? But at the end of the performance box can be removed or just squashed down to show empty.
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Hi this my version of the flying box
http://vimeo.com/24416141
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Is this similar with Airborne Box invented by Ali Bongo?
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
@Chami: good ! Love it...
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks man

Quote:
On 2013-09-12 06:04, ssucahyo wrote:
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks man

Quote:
On 2013-09-12 06:04, ssucahyo wrote:
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Chami that was fantastic! Blew me away at the end! Smile

Doug
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
@Chami : I amazed for your movies,
but I think this illusion can be improved if some modifications made on this illusion.
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Chami

That was nice, I really liked that.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Chami79, posted this forum June 18, 2012, asking for advice. It seems he did not accept any of the advice given as it is still the same video he is referencing. Still has the same problems not addressed. Funny now we are saying how great it is. Weird, how soon we forget.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I recall the original video footage as well. I wonder if there are any updates. I think some of the suggestions were not really practical to add, but others would have probably added to the performance. It has been over a year now, so hopefully he can share what was tried.
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks doug Smile

Quote:
On 2013-09-16 13:31, Dougini wrote:
Chami that was fantastic! Blew me away at the end! Smile

Doug
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks man I will put a new video with somme change
Quote:
On 2013-09-17 07:04, Lin_ wrote:
@Chami : I amazed for your movies,
but I think this illusion can be improved if some modifications made on this illusion.
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks a lot
Quote:
On 2013-09-17 10:11, Rudy wrote:
Chami

That was nice, I really liked that.
chami79
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of chami79
Thanks man iw ill put a new video with the update and suggestions of the members of the forum
Quote:
On 2013-09-17 23:32, charliecheckers wrote:
I recall the original video footage as well. I wonder if there are any updates. I think some of the suggestions were not really practical to add, but others would have probably added to the performance. It has been over a year now, so hopefully he can share what was tried.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Magic Ian (may he rest in peace) and I discussed his version extensively, and I recently talked to a welder that quoted me over a hundred $$$ to make this for me, custom. Chami, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done to improve this.

Abbott makes the original and ya gotta pay $750 for that system. But all I need is the unit. I might be able to nail one for about a C-note, but then it has to be modified...more $$$. The box idea is the basic effect, but I was thinking of another use. Similar, same principle. So, I'll have it made myself. From scratch.

I have no intention of doing the...eh...Abbott Illusion. In my version, you step back a ways, and let the thing take the spotlight... Animation is what makes this. Whether you reveal the person inside or not is irrelevent. Making sure your weight requirements are met for this? Yes! 150 lbs is plenty. Ya don't need a 200 lb Clydesdale like me trying it! LOL!

Doug
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one has referenced this yet, so I will. Paul Osborne workshop plans for the Airborne Box $27.50. Same design that Hocus-Pocus magic is selling for $2000. I am sure this can be built for a few hundred dollars with the gimmick and base. The hard part today is finding a large corrugated box. They don't make large boxes that is all one piece any longer. Most likely have to find a box manufacturing company and see if they will make a few. Luckily there is a box manufacturing company a 7 blocks away from me.

I really like this illusion, it is the 2nd illusion I thought was really magical, different and creative.

http://www.osborneillusionsystems.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Flying Box Illusion? Good, Bad and MORE?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL