The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 12 Girl Appearance Illusion Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
I've got a concept of an illusion of where 12 girls appear from a cabinet measuring approximately 24" x 24" x full person height.

The illusion would obviously include a base, quite a wide base, but this would be worked into the illusion as a platform, and the bottom half of the cabinet would split in two, one half to one side and the other to the other side (the illusion would start in this position).

I have got the design basically worked out, base is not a problem, but would love some advice with regards to the finish of the cabinet for the spaces etc
magickleark
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of magickleark
Doug Henning check this at google may be you find picture or video of this type illusion

I have 1 old version of this, in short time, submit here 1 picture of my old version
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 21:10, sammagic wrote:
I've got a concept of an illusion of where 12 girls appear from a cabinet measuring approximately 24" x 24" x full person height.

The illusion would obviously include a base, quite a wide base, but this would be worked into the illusion as a platform, and the bottom half of the cabinet would split in two, one half to one side and the other to the other side (the illusion would start in this position).

I have got the design basically worked out, base is not a problem, but would love some advice with regards to the finish of the cabinet for the spaces etc

It has already be invented, make it easier on yourself, just buy the workshop plans.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
The hardest part about an illusion like this is paying the 12 girls.. lol

good luck with it,

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Servante
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Servante
It's cheaper to buy the plans. They include step by step instructions on building the twelve girls.

-Philip
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Nah. Building the girls from the ground-up would take too much trial-and-error.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RealDoll
Not sure if they have workshop plans available, though.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I agree, definetly go for the illusion plans. I remember I built something like this about half a decade ago, (wasn't exactly the same illusion, but you get the concept) without illusion plans, after failing and finally getting them, I realized it was nearly impossible for me to would be able to do that on my own (but that was just me), but I believe it will be hard on you too (generally anyone). Good luck !
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Check out Populate by Mark Parker, available as a stand-alone book. Very customizable.

You should also check out The Complete Jarrett to find an inspiration-and no base.

Like you said yourself, the base would be quite wide. Making a base large is a good way to mask thickness but a 24 by 24 cabinet is most likely too small for that, or should I say the base would be illogical-too large to support that sort of cabinet. A cabinet that size really wouldn't need a very large platform to sit on. It may not telegraph a method, but it is very possible people would feel there is something wrong, even if they weren't able to pinpoint what it is.
Sent from my Typewriter
Ingo Brehm
View Profile
New user
Germany
61 Posts

Profile of Ingo Brehm
Take a look at JC Sum's 12 Girl Cabinet in his book "Illusionary Departures". I did build one and had lot's of fun performing it so far.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Without a base: Jarret (it's "only" a closet!) and update this.
Otherwise: contact Mark Parker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » 12 Girl Appearance Illusion Advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL