The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Double posts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
For some reason over the last few days, every post I submit is posted twice. I am not sure what has changed. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Test post
Jack Skalon

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Well evidently not in this forum. So far it has happened in Table Hoppers and Party strollers - and - You Ought To Be In Pictures.
Jack Skalon

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Do you post from a mobile device? I've had problems before with my phone double-posting when I use the back button because it causes the previous web page to reload -- and re-run any scripting (like sending information).

Ed
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hi Ed. I am using my laptop. It's weird.
Jack Skalon

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Almost every one of my posts lately either double or triple posts...sometimes with a lag time in between. Very strange. I have noticed it a LOT lately with many different people as well.

Can we hear from a techie?
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Somebody on another thread said that using the "back" button after posting will double post. I will not use the back button this time and see what happens. I usually use it because it is MUCH easier to get to where I was in a forum than to go through all the mechanations of starting again.

Perhaps the Café needs a feature like on E-Bay...the "back to list" feature...or some derivation of it.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I still haven't figured out and really haven't posted in awhile. It just started to happen out of the blue. I never had the problem as long as I have been a member here. I'll figure it out eventually.
Jack Skalon

Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I'm not really sure what's up with that. I haven't had that problem myself, and the only way I can fix something is to be able to recreate the problem. Sorry about that!
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
No problem Gene. I know you would fix it in a heart beat if you could.
Jack Skalon

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Gene,

Try posting from a laptop or desktop. After you hit "submit reply", hit the "back" arrow to go back to where you were in the forum.

That's when it happens to me.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Yes, hitting the back button will do that.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Not only have I had the same double posting issue as others, my issue was somehow compounded when I tried to creatively fix it myself. When the duplicate posting happened, the system wouldn't let me simply delete it like I wanted to do, so I instead replaced all the content of the duplicate posting with the word "disregard". Well the next time I went into the Café, my duplicate listing was now gone! Great, problem fixed... uh, guess again! The word "disregard" from the duplicate listing somehow magically merged into my first listing! Now that's bizarre!

Gene, would it help if users started sending you screen shots or links to their double postings when they occur? I fully understand that you may be challenged if you can't duplicate the problem, but maybe you can somehow identify the issue by look at the background scripts (or whatever the technical programming term is) surrounding those occurrences others encounter.

- Gary
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
No, it wouldn't, because seeing two of the same posts in a row doesn't tell me exactly how it happened. When one posts a message there's a new page that comes up with a link - or just wait and it brings the poster back to the topic. Hitting the back button (which one should not do after posting) and refreshing causes double posts. Clicking the submit button twice (quickly) could cause a double post. I don't have that problem myself, and without being there to see what's happening it's impossible for me to know why it's happening. Only the person having the problem can review what he or she might be doing to cause it. If there was a problem with the scripts it would happen to everyone.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
If you need to see what's happening, I can give you my address so you can stop by after catching a late flight out of MI! Smile
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Well, if you lived somewhere nice such as Hawaii ... and were going to pay for it ... I'd be glad to! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Double posts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL