The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge bunny routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
While I am thinking about sponge routines (last post was about "Clones), I am trying to develop a sponge bunny routine. Depending on the routine, I may use sponge bunnies or Clones for selected audiences (perhaps children). Could you recommend a good sponge bunny routine that goes beyond the non sleight of hand routines that often accompany sponge bunnies.
Thanks.
Richard
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
I currently do my own rendition of the "3-d Multiplying rabbits" It is probably my mnost requested routine. There is a lot of sleight of hand in it in that I need to keep everyone focused to make my steals...
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I hate pocket switches...so I modified my sponge rabbit routine a bit. I have all of them in my two hands at the same time...that way I can use sleight of hand instead of pocket switches.

That trick is one of my most requested tricks as well.

I would love to talk more of this trick...pm me if you wish.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
Astinus,

Evidently Mike Rogers either didn't like pocket switches or preferred working while seated. He devised a holder for the bunnies that he clipped to the table cloth or cover, and retrieved them from that.

Dwight Powell
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
Alfonso and Chuck Smith both have published sponge bunny routines that do not use pocket loads. They are published in sets of their lecture notes. I don't remember which ones but I think the Chuck Smith routine is in "What If?".
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
For some great work on sponge balls and sponge bunnies, check out steve dacri's master routines video. you can get it from denny and lee. (dennymagic.com) definitely worth a look!

- dave s.
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Daryl has a really funny routine on one of his FoolerDroolers DVD/video's.
It's not suitable for children though.
Daniel Faith
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I just bought the 3D Sponge Rabbits and was trying to think of a different way of doing them. I have a flip tip as well, and thought perhaps I could load the babies in there and end with Mama and Papa Bunny sending the kids to daycare (and dumping the kids out from an "empty" hand into the spec's hand). Then I tried that and discovered that it doesn't really work.

Not knowing how the Sanada gimmick works (well, all the details, anyway), I can't be completely sure about this next idea. Perhaps the kids could be loaded into the Sanada gimmick, then produced at the end?

In case you haven't guessed yet, I don't really like having to keep going into my pocket, either. Smile If I'm performing at the bar, I could probably hook up some sort of holder. If I'm doing it with no table or bar, though ... aside from having them all out at the same time, what other options do I have?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I just steal the load from my pocket. Otherwise, it would be much more complicated than it needs to be. If the routine is well thought out, the steal will go unnoticed.
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I perform the sponge bunnies more than any other routine I have ever done. It kills for adults and children. I agree with Alan. The steal should go unnoticed. When I was first practicing the routine before I became a professional, I was so worried about the steals and if I would get caught. When I started working restaurants I really got the feel for performing and a feel for the offbeat.

My routine uses sleight of hand plus a couple of steals from my pocket including a jumbo bunny. Once you get the feel for people you'll have no problem. The appearance of the multiplying sponge bunnies in their hand is such strong misdirection that you should have no problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge bunny routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL