The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need new routines ASAP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
I have a lot of repeat kids.I mean lot.I need to include new acts before the season starts.Actually the season have already started.However,I don't know how I will replace my sponge,linking rings,misers dream,funnel,chopcup(cups & BAlls),silk vanish,20th century silk,color book,funnel,fiber optics,cards transfer,dye tube routines.
I have been doing these routines for a long time and they are almost evolved to a final stage..Even My BDay audience consists of adults and lets face it the kids have seen shows before and they are nowhere near the dull kid I used to be.So I have to do a lot of adult stuff too.

I have been thinking of adding ring and rope,mouth coil,Balloone restore,maharajas necklace,die box,six card repeat,diminishing milk,milk jug,newspaper tear,cola vanish,ghosttube,silk to rose,feather tricks,needle thru Balloon...
What is your experience with these stuff?Does rope & ring go well with children.To accomodate these I am already using a bigger bag.
I am also planning to bring rockey and juggling as a running gag and do them in every shows.I have a feeling that I posted this before.If I did then sorry but this is a serious problem regardless how many differ.If an older kid has already seen the 20th century silks hes gonna shout bout it.Some kids say I have already seen this one please show a new one.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
A change bag can be used for a variety of routines such as Mismade Flag, David Kaye's White to Red and many more. A very versatile prop.
fish11
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of fish11
I do the no-tear torn and restored newspaper and it gets a good response. You could try cut and restored rope, egg bag, silk to snake can.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Your concern is valid, but the answer depends on a few factors.

Who is your audience, what is their age range, and what are their expectations?

There will always be adults in the audience, but if you're a children's entertainer, then that is your audience. And if they are younger kids ages 3 to 7, they often want and expect to see many of the routines that resulted in you getting re-hired, so don't assume you have to change just for the sake of changing. My 5 year old daughter watches the same episode of Curious George every night before going to bed and every night she is just as entertained as if she has never seen it before. My 7 year old son is the same way about Scooby Doo.

But as Robin points out with the change bag, you don't necessarily have to stray away from the props you're most comfortable using if they already get a great reaction, since there are typically multiple new routines you can come up with using the same props to keep them feeling fresh and less predictable to your audience.

The real time to change up your routines or add new stuff is when YOU start getting bored doing the same stuff or when it starts feeling stale to YOU. Because both enthusiasm and lack of passion are contagious to your audience. You want to always be excited about what you're doing and at least look like you're having fun.

- Gary
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I've found kids respond well to rope routines. Give those a try.
Check out Quentin Reynolds 5 min with a pocket Hankey. Great routine and gets kids involved.
David Kaye has some great resources. Peek a boo bunny plays huge and so do his wands. His videos from reel magic are gold- the kids classic magic T it's best. I added blooming bouquet after seeng him perform it.
Danny Orleans is worth a look. I stopped doing magic coloring book until I saw him do it. Wonderful routine.
Dan Harlan's first lecture at penguin- THE CRAYON EATING MONSTER. Great kids routine.
Magic drawing. Board.
Zombie?
So many great routines. I like to mix it up.
I will have different sets that play well for different age brackets.
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Thanks for the responses.I am a big fan of silly Billy.I use wands and change bag for various routines.Sometimes I find there are more adults than kids and have no choice but to shift to family stuff.Most of the parties have lot of teens so I have to change some stuff.
I only do Fiber optics and Tabary(not for children).They do not waste rope.HAHAH.Thinking about adding rope through body and tt cut and restored rope.Can somebody tell me some really good rope magic.
Rockey will do the hankey stuff anyway.Zombie has an angle problem.I think I have to manage my audience better to use some great stuff like multipying ball and....
I am planning to buy some stuff but I cant buy from USA and nearest good shop is in calcutta.So searching for tricks with day to day stuff.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I recomend packs flat/plays big. What's Next-spot card, Axtells Drawing board or Fx board,Silk effects from Wonder Imagery and Laflin's.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
If you are getting so many repeat customers, they like you and just about any good routine you do they will be happy.

Repeat customers always want the Axtel Drawing board again so I have 3 different routines for that.

You mentioned the angle problem with the Zombie. If you can get Bill Abbott's "The Thing" would solve this problem.

Mike
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Need new routines ASAP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL