The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mintalist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
How is anyone that bought this one feeling about it now? Looks like it was kind of popular at first, but it seems to have disappeared from view.
Any comments?
intheillusion
View Profile
New user
Miami, FL
34 Posts

Profile of intheillusion
I'm very happy with it the quality of this. Currently only using it when asked to perform on the spot.

I was using the routine where both you and the spec choose a number of mints and they both match.
Now, I've noticed I'm getting a stronger reaction using a written prediction of number and color of mints.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
After I bought this-- it sat for about a month. I finally decided to take it out and give it a go. I am glad I did. This hits really hard and is simple to do. If you like what you see on the demo- I would buy it. I also wonder why this dropped off the radar after seeing the type of reactions it brings.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
I just received my Mintalist. It gets great reactions WHEN it works. The problem is that it is (at least mine is) VERY unreliable. It works correctly about 50% of the time, then the other time it's like "OK, I think you have 5 mints...er, oh.... you have 13 mints?"

Maybe mine is defective, but I've got to say, I'm not very happy about this purchase.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Goes right in my pocket each day ( I carried tics tacs for years )

The "trick" is to not load too many. They don't know what's going to happen. Less is more. And watch the ENTIRE DVD. The trick is stronger when it appears not to work ( Simon Arronson's Shuffle-board, etc. ).

It's "mentalism" . Do sponge-balls if you want to do magic tricks.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
The "trick" is to not load too many.

I didn't load many mints. My unit is defective I believe, and the entire box of mints come pouring out into the spectators' hands when shaking the box into their hand.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
If you think it's defective, contact Peter Eggink, who is a Café member: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......ser=5727
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Thanks for the comments, guys! Mndude, please contact me personally so I can get you sorted. If you have received a factory faulty unit by accident I'm happy to send you a replacement.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Any opinion on the box of Mints not really being a real brand of mints?

That is my only heartache otherwise I would have bought it already.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of Isper
Not being a real brand of mints really doesn't matter. I have performed this many times and no one has noticed. If they do ask, you can say it is a generic brand. Another option is to replace the label with one from a real brand. That is also covered on the DVD.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2013-09-25 19:21, Isper wrote:
Not being a real brand of mints really doesn't matter. I have performed this many times and no one has noticed. If they do ask, you can say it is a generic brand. Another option is to replace the label with one from a real brand. That is also covered on the DVD.

If you live in the states you can't simply replace the sticker. They don't sell that size tic tac pack in the US. I had to spend a ridiculous amount of money to have a multipack shipped in from the UK. I have additional ones for sale if anyone needs one. Eggink should have included that with the package.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
At the store there must be 30 different brands of mints. The way Mintalist comes is fine, so I couldn't imagine going to the trouble of making it look like a certain brand. I'll put a "nick" in a coin and in the dupe, because the human brain will register such things. But with all the generic brands of mints, I have found Mintalist works perfect as is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mintalist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL