The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where's the best resource for learning the retention vanish? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Y'know, I agree with Mr. O as well, in that Dr. Rubinstein's very fine "Encyclopedia of Coin Magic" is perhaps the best place to "learn" the RV, amongst hundreds of other moves in coin magic. There are indeed several versions there to learn the RV from. And actually, Mickey Silver is not the "best resource (though he is the best user of it IMHO)," as you can't learn it from Mickey because he probably won't teach it to you. Smile

To my knowledge, Mick has only shown The Godfather, Vinny Marini how he does it. And he did it many years back just to prove that it really could be taught and learned effectively, as Vinny has many times mentioned and has demonstrated for me, and he does it beautifully as a matter of fact, not to mention that his own versions of the RV are quite stunning too. Smile

So yeah, Doc's wonderful Encycopedia is a good place to learn the RV from alright. And I also agree that guys like Denis Behr's takes on the RV are really good too, as is some of Dr. Larry Barnowsky's fine work on it as well (Y'know, he's got a brand new magic book out, hot off the presses the month - http://barnowskymagic.com/Countingondeception.html ). And of course, anything from David Roth remains gold forever. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-10-30 14:10, Lawrence O wrote:
Micky Silver is the king with the ROV especially since he has a feint to remind that the coin is indeed in the left hand when it never gets there.

That is the one thing I have taken is the re-show. It really makes a difference.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Occlusion distracts from a strategic retreat.

Puts are more easily motivated when there's already stuff in that hand. takes are good when you have somewhere to take it to.

The game you get them playing might not stop when you'd like.

A half second later they can be looking at the wrong hand.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Thanks Guys!!! The Retntion Vanish has to be angle proof to fool everyone everytime!!! I mean everytime 100% without fail!!!! My retention vanish is able to be performed with people in front of me as well as on both sides of me and people looking over both my shoulders!!!!! THIS IS WHAT I CALL A SUCESSFUL RETENTION VANISH!!!! Absolutely no fear of anyone burning my hands whatsoever, because I guarantee mysef not to ever get caught!!!!!!! I have yet to meet "ANYONE" who can stand beside me totally surrounded with me and do as I do without ever getting caught!!!!! There is a long story behind this!!!!!! ..and a very special secret!!!!!

Look very carefully at my
basic retention vanish >. Click > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LP0q1rtco

"Mickey Silver"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Mickey! Good to see you here! You & I talked about this. I still think it's incredible!

Doug
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
Thanks Doug, great seeing you again!!! Gee have not been on here for so long "WOW!!! ,,,,,,Alway's loved the "Magic Café" & still do !!!!!

" MICKEY SILVER"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where's the best resource for learning the retention vanish? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL