The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Luke Jermay - Building Blocks Review (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Mike Close, albeit NOT a mentalist but well-read in all forms of magic, gave this book a less-than-glowing review. A lot of his problem seems to be with the writing itself. He cites typos, run-on sentences and editing errors.

Luke, any chance of these issues being fixed? I am interested in the book and your approach to mentalism and magic, but these issues would steer me away from it. Comments?

All the best,

Jason
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Whatever, if the material is top notch, and typos are preventing others from buying it, I say keep the typos!
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
My problem is the same as what Close points out. If these routines are based on scripting and the book is poorly written what does that say about the material? I have no doubt that Luke can DO the material but teaching is another matter. Just curious as to WHY the typos were left in.
Jason
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Yea, I got you Jason. I am actually astonished at how many typos and run-on sentences there were especially since more than one person reads these manuscripts before printing. It does seem very odd that there were as many as there are. It was the only poor point of this book. The book is still great, and I'm sure you won't have any problem with scripting.
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
I still have a question before buying and maybe some can help. When exactly would I NOT use this? I understand that everyone says how woderful all this is. However, could I do this walking around, street magic, for close friends at a party, table hopping? When are the times that these things will work?

Thanks.
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
solidglint
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of solidglint
The more you use these ideas the better. I incorperate them into my routines and don't rely on them to work all the time. As I am getting more into them they work more of the time than not. You need to practice and the only way to practice suggestion is on people. The routines are not for street magic, yet with your imagination you can use these ideas to double the impact of whatever style of magic you perform.

Jonathan
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Thank you. The review was insightful. However, on a specific note, are you saying that each effect is really just presenting a different psychological discovery? In other words, if it were like playing cards, the magician shows a new move and you apply different effects for it?

Also, to allow these things to work, is there a certain presentation I must have or will strangers and close friends alike be "amazed"?

(This is open to all with an answer.)

Thanks.
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
This book looks like a magic book should! Topped only by Brown's Absolute Magic.

More leatherbound oldworld books plz,
KTHXBYE
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
Quote:
On 2004-04-02 09:03, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Yea, I got you Jason. I am actually astonished at how many typos and run-on sentences there were especially since more than one person reads these manuscripts before printing. It does seem very odd that there were as many as there are. It was the only poor point of this book. The book is still great, and I'm sure you won't have any problem with scripting.

That's nothing, "Skullduggery" is misspelt on the opening title Smile
philippos1979
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of philippos1979
Dear friends

I have constructed the remote castle deck but I need suggestions for alternative close up handlings other than by building a castle with the cards... Can you please PM me and or make suggestions of how I can effectively use the remote castle deck in other ways to create other effects of remote viewing etc?

Thanks

Philippos
-Magic? No,sleight of hand.
-The fact I MAY move my hand;your ability to reason;the motion of the universe; these are magical. Your logical inquiry into the possibility of something extraordinary is itself extraodrinary and that i define as magic...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Luke Jermay - Building Blocks Review (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL