The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte cristo deck? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Does anyone know if I can get a monte cristo deck or mastermind deck in Blue? sorry if post is in wrong section?
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Cards by martin used to make them, don't have his site but google should find him-
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
You can get Mastermind in Blue I think. Check Penguin.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I have only ever seen them available recently in red.
If you have to have blue, check out http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/
Then email Bernd and inquire what the cost would be to make you one.
I just purchased a couple gaffed cards from him and he does excellent work. Even though he is located in Germany shipping wasn't too expensive and only took a few days.

PS-Neil Lester (Cards by Martin) passed away several years ago.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Sorry to tell you that neither the Mastermind Deck nor the Monte Cristo Deck were manufactured in blue. Red only.
Changing backs of one of the mentioned decks will be a costly affair.

Bernd
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2013-10-03 21:18, serge storms wrote:
Cards by martin used to make them, don't have his site but google should find him-

Neil Lester (Cards by Martin) passed away in 2009.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
My BLUE Monte Cristo Bicycle deck is a 3S --but its one I bought from Neil Lester....so, they DO exist.

I guess now, I can use it to fool those who only think these decks were made in Red.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, Neil Lester is deceased, and his son had the website up for a long time, with a message that he might continue, but after 6 months to a year, he decided to close down the website. 2009, my how time flies by, it does not seem that long ago.

So I don't know how you got a deck made by a deceased person or his son would not sell any of the products listed on the site. I just did a Google search and there is no listing for his "Cards by Martin" website.

They may exist, but you failed to provide the proof, like a website address.

I do hope you are enjoying your Blue Monte Cristo Bicycle Deck. No one else can seem to locate one.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Bill:

I had been a customer of Neil's for 20+ years.

I never said that I RECENTLY purchased the Blue deck from Neil.

If you want "proof" that I own such a deck - I'll be glad to e-mail you a photo.

True, since the death of Neil, blue-backs aren't currently available from anyone, apparently.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I have a blue one too - but it is not for sale. The factory printed ones were made in red only. The blue 3S one was NOT factory printed; it was made by a small company where Neil - and later me - have our cards printed. This company does not exist any more. So there once was a small batch of blue ones; but no actual ones.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
What are the blue ones worth. Is anyone making cards like Neil did.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
SilverMagician
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SilverMagician
I got blue monte cristo deck at Wayne Houchin's lecture
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2013, CardMaker wrote:
Sorry to tell you that neither the Mastermind Deck nor the Monte Cristo Deck were manufactured in blue. Red only.
Changing backs of one of the mentioned decks will be a costly affair.

Bernd

Or a long tedious one...
Juno Temple
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of Juno Temple
This is a heartfelt opportunity to honor Neil Lester, as I was always thrilled to call him on the "phone" to discuss my requirements. Neil was a gem of a card-maker & we will all miss him - so, I will once again say that this kind of card-man comes along rarely & I'm proud to own his work.
We play the Game - but Fate deals the Cards
o.
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of o.
You can have your own made on blue Bicycle with printbymagic.com.. It‘s not that expensive.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Mastermind Deck is the same as a Monte Cristo deck but on Bicycle stock. Only available in red.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Cardmagic12345
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Cardmagic12345
Influence by wayne houchin comes with one if you can get it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte cristo deck? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL