The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Apple is a cult (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Ha! I have always thought the same. This superior race doesn't know what a firewall is?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 12:57, Andrew Zuber wrote:

I'm a Mac guy all the way. I have no patience for a PC that runs like molasses with all that anti virus software garbage running in the background. I got my iMac in 2007 and mine too continues to run as well as the day I bought it. I'll never switch back to a PC again.

Whereas I have a top of the line iMac (as of a year ago, anyway) at work that runs slower, and freezes up much more often, than the Dell laptop I have at home.

Let's not even get into the fact that the iMac fails to run some of the software I would like to use. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 17:57, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 12:57, Andrew Zuber wrote:

I'm a Mac guy all the way. I have no patience for a PC that runs like molasses with all that anti virus software garbage running in the background. I got my iMac in 2007 and mine too continues to run as well as the day I bought it. I'll never switch back to a PC again.

Whereas I have a top of the line iMac (as of a year ago, anyway) at work that runs slower, and freezes up much more often, than the Dell laptop I have at home.

Let's not even get into the fact that the iMac fails to run some of the software I would like to use. Smile

winbugs?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Owning an Apple device is like owning a cool car. My iphnoe 4S came set with the weather telling me what the weather is in Cupertino, Ca. the center of the known universe. Putting aside all the hype, and flash Apple products are just like the Acme knock off, cheapo imitation computer that I am using right now.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-10-06 17:08, Slide wrote:
Ha! I have always thought the same. This superior race doesn't know what a firewall is?

OH MAN that is funny!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
We have four iMacs/MacBooks (great for college, less so for home/business use), four iPhones, two iPads, and seven (or more) iPods. When they work, they're okay. When you upgrade the OS, though, all bets are off! We back up everything religiously, so all we have lost thus far is hours of restore time, but we have lost everything multiple times while upgrading to the various wild animal operating systems. About every second time we upgrade out iPhone OS, we lose all of our music.

Everything seems backwards on the Mac - scroll, delete, etc. Probably a PC conspiracy...

There is no database software for the Mac truly compatible with Microsoft Access. I've never figured out why this is, but maybe it's the way the system is "made". Same with Microsoft Outlook. Similar, but not as good as the PC version.

Why does MacTV not play all videos? Seems like it should play anything that will play on a Mac.

I still use a PC laptop at work, so I do everything on it that I can to avoid the Macs...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Apple is a cult (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL