The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2013 entrée: Tom Frank » » Street Performing Through The Ages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Any street performers or people thinking about it want to pick my brain? Admittedly, there isn't much left, but I'd be glad and try and help.

I studied with Cellini in 1894 when he was at the peak of his powers. The French Quarter in New Orleans was our pitch and boy did we have at it. It was a different world back then. People were happier. There were no cell phone or internet and people generally had a longer attention span. I was expierencing the heyday of street performing and didn't even realize it. The world has changed and so has the nature of street performing.

Anyone have any thoughts? How do you overcome the challenges of street performing in these rapidly changing times?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Slydini would perform in the 1930's and say "It's a not like the olda days".

Frank, the tricks don't seemed to have changed much for the busking performer. Is that because it works or it's been done so long it's now "that's the way it's always been done".
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Wow, 1894? That's something else! Tom, I think you've on to something where now, it seems, Street Performance Magic needs to be even flashier and shorter. Yes, there are shorter attention spans now.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2013 entrée: Tom Frank » » Street Performing Through The Ages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL