The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Secure answers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jdhar
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jdhar
Hi all,

I'm preparing a trick that consists on asking a few things to the spectator and, in orther for this to run, I need some secure answers like the ones Banacheck suggests in some of his books. A couple of examples:

- Think of a number between one and five. Banacheck claims the 90 % will choose three.
- Think of a simple figure, and then put another figure inside of it. With a little specific chat, the spectator will choose a triangle and put inside a circle.

Do you know more of these kind of secure answers? Thanks a lot for your help!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 10:49, jdhar wrote:
I need some...

Welcome...
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
Do you have the Banachek books on Psychological Forces? They will be your best source for this kind of material. . . and I don't think they are "secure" in any way. . . they are quite fluid in fact, and there is always a big risk of failure; especially when you are first starting off in using them.

My suggestion would be for you to experiment and get used to working with the technique before you run off trying to develop an effect around them.
jdhar
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jdhar
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 11:08, Bard wrote:
Do you have the Banachek books on Psychological Forces?

Do you mean "Psychological Subtleties"? That's the book I was refering to. Mainly my effect doesn't depend 100% on that "secure" answers. It's not a big deal if some of them doesn't work, since more personal questions for the spectator will be answer accurately without any failure. But, I need some "secure answers" for the misdirection of the principle involved in the effect... I know none of them are 100% sure, but want to increase the number of the one's I already know in orther to have more maneuverability Smile
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1275 Posts

Profile of Cervier
This isn't the place to discuss methods.
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
jdhar
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jdhar
Sorry Cervier, I think I was just asking for some clues in details for aplaying principles or methods that I haven't mention at all... Anyway, where is the proper section where I can ask my question?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No, but you are mentioning industry trade resources openly by name on your very first post. Take the time to learn the rules, policies and preferences of this forum and how it works rather than just coming in saying "I need".
jdhar
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jdhar
Sorry all, the "magicians helping magicians" thing must have confused me.

If moderators considerer this topic must be deleted please do so. Of course they can edit it to erase the information that (by the way) is available on public tutorials in youtube.

Anyway, when a guest comes to my house and makes a mistake, I often help him by saying what to do, where the bathroom is, and this kind of things. I would have expected some courtesy in this suposed to be "magicians helping magicians" forum. Again, my mistake, sorry!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
True but do you also just let people barge in that you don't know and let them take whatever they want?

This is not youtube, just so you know, and I was trying to help you by acclimating you to how the forum works. Again, my mistake, I thought you wanted to try to fit in and be a member of our community.

Btw, I was trying to help you.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Don't take this personally. After all, why should you? We don't know your name, your qualifications or ANYTHING at all about you.

When first posting on this forum it is a good idea to introduce yourself and give us a little information about your experience in mentalism.

Do you reveal the secrets of your work to any anonymous stranger who asks?

Neither do we.

This forum is publicly searchable. After new members have made fifty meaningful posts they have access to "Inner Thoughts," and area in which methods may be discussed more openly.

We are fully aware of the exposure on YouTube. We don't condone it there, nor do we condone it here.
jdhar
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of jdhar
Sincerelly thank you mastermindreader. That's a helpfull advice for me with real information.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Secure answers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL