The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Most Underrated Books on Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
Quote:
On 2014-01-28 15:00, magicfish wrote:
Randy Wakeman Presents.

Magicfish, so far, from what I've worked through in RWP I am impressed in what the book has to offer. Unfortunately, I haven't worked through enough of the material to give it an honest review yet.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Take your time, Jack.
dismany
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dismany
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2013, Vlad_77 wrote:

This next nomination or rather nominations will seem a bit strange, but, I believe these books to be underrated because the AUTHOR is underrated when there is discussion of great card magic and magic in general. Stewart James in Print and The James File. Veterans in the art may well be familiar with some of Stewart James's work, but, a lot of his work remains buried, waiting to be doscovered in these massive volumes. The James File is the largest monograph ever written in magic and Stewart James in Print is the second largest. A lot of magicians will be familiar with Miraskill, Further Than That, and Sefalajia. But, there are many more! If you have these books, or the distillation titled The Essential Stewart James, look up Ten Nights in a Cardroom, The Famous Folk Test, and well, truly there are too many. This master's output is over 1000 effects and his admirers are among the greatest in magic. Yet, when people talk about great magicians, James is so rarely mentioned. He deserves mention in the same breath as Vernon, Marlo, Slydini, and Ramsay to name a handful.

Another off the top of my head is Sam's: The Magic of Sam Schwartz written by Allen Zingg. Many will know of Sam Schwartz's Backflip but that's about it. This is a great magic book with superb magic.

I've just begun my journey through the James file. This is very different kind of magic than most magic I'm used to and I'm very excited to have my hands on these books on such recommendations at this one.
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
The James File is an amazing collection, its stunning to think that one man was able to create and inspire so much material.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Most Underrated Books on Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL