The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Criss Angel on TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmyke12
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicmyke12
Criss Angel is making appearances on

Tuesday Oct 8
VH1 Big Morning Buzz Live
Katie Couric show - apparently he is performing a big illusion with her. We will see.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Did anyone see the first episode of his new show?
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Doesn't look like anybody's willing to admit they saw it! I recorded it and had forgotten to watch it until I saw this thread. Not very impressive. The few tricks he performed looked like they involved stooges and camera tricks.
Premier Magic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Premier Magic
Everything he does now is stooges and camera tricks, plus apparently he can raise the dead now too!
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
Got a gripe with the new show. Although it is a retread of "Mindfreak" he has added something that is less than palatable. He is now revealing how some tricks are done. Does Criss Angel not remember one of the main tenants of magic, "don't tell how the trick is done". I am sure in his expert mind he feels like the things he is teaching/giving away to a national audience are trivial knowledge. I don't believe this is a way to perpetuate the art or entertain people. Even as simple as some of the things he teaches are, someone else still put the effort into thinking up the idea. He is doing a disservice to those who took a simple idea and made it into a miracle. On top of that he dedicates a small portion of his air time to pitching one of his marketed tricks that also airs during commercial breaks. I don't see him giving away the secret to those things. He'll charge you $10.00 to learn something of his but he will just haphazardly give away someone else's idea? I know many of his viewers won't realize it but in my humble opinion he is diminishing the art by doing this. If he wants to be the Masked Magician that is fine but please put on the mask already........
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
The levitation of Shaq was hilarious. Who can watch that and say it's not laughably entertaining? Nobody can, it's hilarious. Personally I don't mind watching Criss Angel. So there's stooges and camera tricks? It's tv magic, it's different than a live show.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Stooges? who cares! This thread and maybe a few more are winching about it. Meanwhile anyone who tuned it was entertained. Entertained! that's why its called showbusiness, hello! Anyone who complains should remember that they were probably never approached to take part in a TV magic special. In the 70's you can get away with micro magic. But these days the average TV zombie has seen allot and needs a little more to be entertained.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Criss Angel on TV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL