The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psychic Hangman by Keith Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Product Description
Designed to be pocket size for close up and it can be used on the largest stage.

A new mind game game you will win every time!

The plot is a simple one (so simple that I can’t believe it hasn’t been done before!) A word is chosen and you play a game of psychic hangman – which means you pick the letters AND tell them where they go AND get it right – And no-one gets hung!

Nothing to memorize or learn as it is self contained and the clever script virtually eliminates any fishing or ‘no’ answers. This routine quickly moves away from the book and becomes more of a word test than a book test and it gives you plenty of scope for jazzing as well. When you play Psychic Hangman you will always win! But here is the fun part… You are in control over how many letters you get wrong or right! You can let your volunteer get to the point of almost hanging you, and then you turn on your psychic ability and get every letter correct. You also tell the spectator where to put the letters rather than letting them fill the letters in as in the normal game!Extra ideas even let you predict the number of letters in the chosen word. And the book is small enough to fit neatly in your pocket for strolling!An ingenious new routine which makes a book test logical and fun to perform.

Independent reviews…

‘Keith Fields is the king of Book Test creators. Psychic Hangman is devilishly clever and so easy to use. As with all his items, you are left free to concentrate on the presentation.’
- John Allen

‘I like this. The Hangman Game is something everyone can relate to. There aren’t many good hooks to present a book test with and this combines a great presentation with a multi layered method that leaves the audience without a chance or a clue.’
- Nathan Kranzo

‘I performed this for my high school students and the first time I did this I selected a very skeptical young man (who’s got the typical teenage attitude about authority). I explained we’ll be playing Hangman and that we’ll make it even more challenging. I must not only guess the letter correctly, but must guess exactly where the letter goes or I get a body part. To go further, there will only be one body part: the whole body. That means one wrong guess and I lose. Needless to say, I didn’t lose, but the looks on his face as I revealed the word letter by letter were priceless. …I know that a lot of those looking for book tests are seeking ones that are hands-off, in which any word on the page can be chosen, that don’t feature “progressive anagrams,” and that are as good as MOABT. This one, without being a knockoff of MOABT, which many recent book tests shamelessly are, succeeds elegantly on all those points.’
-Market Place of the Mind

‘Well done Keith. Once again you’ve managed to come up with another brand new technique for doing a book test that is perfectly thought out and utterly deceptive. The idea of playing a mental version of Hangman is genius … This is so much more than a book test.’ - Mark Paul

Link: http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/shop/psychic-hangman/
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I didn't see this anywhere on the Café.

I'm looking for a review, but I would really like to know if this involves a particularly unique book test or if it is more about the hangman idea. I do something similar to the hangman, but I like what I do better. I am wondering about the book test portion itself. It is better than other book tests out there?

Thanks,

KJ
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It is a presentation and "thing" for a book test from what I remember...

the only reason why I know is that a few years ago, I put out something that was also called "psychic hangman" (which was about the game as a mentalism presenation) - so I thought it was prudent to talk to Keith about it in case there was a clash...

mine just used a stack of blank business card stock that had different people's end-game of hangman, but its no longer available anyway!

but maybe keith has revamped it a little since its first release...
I've asked to be banned
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
$125.00!!! Is that a misprint?
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Well... I also do a mentalism routine based on the hangman game but without a book test, so I guess there are no similarities apart from the plot...

http://www.stefanmagie.de/mentalities.htm

(and mine is cheaper ;-) )
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 15:19, geggy wrote:

no...and why should it be?!
I've asked to be banned
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Stefan,
Your DVD set looks interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Iain,
It seems to me that the presentation for doing a book test as a hangman game is simple enough, it hardly needs explanation. So, I am more interested in people's opinion regarding the method to arrive at the word. Is it any better than any of the other dozens and dozens of methods? What is your recollection of this?

Thanks.

KJ.
geggy
View Profile
Elite user
Brighton UK
485 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 17:11, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 15:19, geggy wrote:

no...and why should it be?!

Um.........Just seems a lot of money, that's all.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Geggy,

Yes, it does seem like a lot of money, but that would depend on what you get for that money. There are PHENOMENAL routines and methods for sale between $25 and $50. For that sort of money, I would expect something quite unique or generally, it is for something that is costly to produce.

I can't seem to get an explanation of what one gets for the money to justify the purchase.

KJ
bremen79
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
116 Posts

Profile of bremen79
The ad seems to imply that you actually receive a (gimmicked) book, hence the high cost.
Francesco

"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance" Jon Stewart
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Bremen,
That would make sense. I have at least a dozen book test books or magazines, so if that's it, I would pass.
KJ.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I also have several methods for any book. Perhaps "Word In a Million" would be a good book test to use and allow the participant to select from a variety of regular books.
KJ
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Does anyone know the type of book that is supplied.........

Dictionary? Novel? Hardback? Softback?......... is it a book that would have justification for being carried around in your pocket?

Ian.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
You probably won't see this, rasp, but for the record:

http://www.keithfields.com/wp-content/up......yman.jpg
(viewable on 12/14/2013)

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Thanks for that Steve Smile

Ian.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Psychic Hangman by Keith Fields (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL