The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Barry Mitchell's Magic Box (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Well it has been a while. I promised an update as I used my non see through version. Made a deceptive version different but similar to how Barry's first box was. It does not have the holes drilled around the box.
Since then I have used it a few times. The percentage of people saying "you're holding it" dropped quite a bit. So at least in part, the outer design of the box has made the difference.
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I like barrys presentation can people share other presentational ideas... I was thinking about having a kid come up pretend hes superman and hes very strong!!! and then place some green rock(kryptonite in the box and he loses all his power...(space themed) for library shows!!!!!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I ordered this from Hocus Pocus magic today and I have to admit after reading most of these posts on here I'm very intrigued about this effect. I will post my thoughts about this after I've had a chance to go over it and work with it some.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
This beautiful piece of magic showed up the other day and let me simply say when I read the instructions I started laughing. I then performed this for my wife and she liked it a lot. I'm going to be experimenting with an idea I have which includes letting the spectator hold part of the tray as well and have them use their other hand to try to lift the case with their pinky or pointer finger. And yes I will have them put their hand under the black cover as well while holding on to the plexiglass tray.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Barry Mitchell's Magic Box (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL