The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Maric Wallet by Mr. Maric (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Jack, do you know if this is indeed the same of the Berg wallet?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Can anyone answer if it's angle sensitive in the same manner as the telethought wallet?
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
Paperinick, I'm not familiar with the Berg wallet, sorry. Robvs, I'm not familiar with the telethought wallet either. But I will attempt to give you an idea of the secret by a story:

A man is walking his dog and stops to purchase a hotdog. The vendor puts a tasty frank between two fresh soft buns and covers it with fresh condiments. Unbeknownst however, his dog has also spotted the frank poking out the end, moves his head forward and nips the frank at its exposed part and hangs on. When the man begins walking, the dog remains still which causes the frank to strip out from between the buns. To this day the man has no idea how the frank mysteriously vanished that day.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I hope they will sell Maric Wallet in europé. The postage from usa is rediculus.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
Peo, if you buy it from Penguin, the shipping is free. Unless Sweden somehow is outside the flat pack deal.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I purchased the wallet based on the video trailer. I returned it because I felt that the trailer was a little misleading on how clean this is. Not a new idea. I purchased a wallet or case that worked in a similar manner in the '70's.
marcobasi
View Profile
New user
italy
39 Posts

Profile of marcobasi
No, it's not a new idea. but the "in-the-jacket" version is brilliant.
just one second, and the card disappear.
Peter Zenner
View Profile
New user
Wingerworth, Derbyshire
5 Posts

Profile of Peter Zenner
It was advertised by Harry Stanley (Unique Magic) in The Gen, June, 1966, as the 'Wonder Wallet'. But obviously it was available from them before then as William Zavis explained his handling in The Gen, July, 1965. It seems that all Mr Maric has done is to add a press-stud and make it look nothing like a real wallet.
Peter Zenner
View Profile
New user
Wingerworth, Derbyshire
5 Posts

Profile of Peter Zenner
Further to my last posting, I have now checked back with The Sphinx. The first advert for Joe Berg's 'Super Wallet' is in the December, 1932, edition on page 418. From the illustration and the description it appears that the Unique 'Wonder Wallet' was indeed the Berg 'Super Wallet'. Both the Berg and the Unique rip-off were made as real wallets though, with pockets for currency notes, etc. The Maric version just looks like an I.D. case.
Magic McKing
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Magic McKing
Anyone know anything about the quality of the wallet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Maric Wallet by Mr. Maric (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL