The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Need Ideas to Market a Card Mentalism Effect! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoelLopez
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
2 Posts

Profile of JoelLopez
Although I have created many magic tricks before, I have just created an effect so powerful that would put the Invisible Deck to shame! It's a card mentalism effect that's totally mind-boggling. It's so easy to learn and perform. And it will make you look like a pro. Great for beginners and professional magicians as well.

I named it Teleportation Decks. The effect is a simple one...yet absolutely powerful. The magician shows the spectator two decks of cards--a blue deck and a red deck. He then tells the spectator to hold both of them in his/her hands. Then, the magician ask the spectator to think of any card from the deck (free choice). The magician explains that he is going to make his/her selected card switch from one deck to the other...so that the blue deck will have all blue cards except for one red card, and the red deck will have all red cards except for one blue card...of course the card that's different is shown to be the card the spectator thought of.

Although the decks are gimmicked, they can be shown in so many ways that are just impossible with many other gimmicked decks. You can show the cards both front and back, show that all cards are the same back color, that all the faces are different cards: Clubs, Hearts, Diamonds and Spades, thoroughly mixed together. It looks like an ordinary deck of cards. You can even do other tricks that you would do with ordinary cards using these decks. There's no force or any complicated sleights. It can be done very slowly and in their face. They will never figure this out...they will never doubt your mental powers. You will seem like a real psychic. You can even have your own Cult Following!

I have searched all over the web to see if something like this already exists, but I haven't found anything that compares to this. There are a few similar effects but the all require some sort of force, complicated sleights, or just use a few cards. This one is so amazing that you never have to touch the decks during the whole effect, only at the end to show that the cards actually switched decks. It's as close as you get to REAL PSYCHIC ABILITY...they only name a card...any card that they want. And that's the card (and only card) that you teleport from one deck to the other.

This is great for mentalists and card magicians, and can be used in close-up, parlor, and stage Performances! The cards really do most of the work for you. And believe me, this will FOOL MAGICIANS!

I am in the process of making a video that will show a step-by-step presentation of the trick, along with detailed information on the simple concepts, techniques, moves, hints and tips used to perform--everything needed will be included. There will also be an impossible routine using this trick that will make the most skeptic person BELIEVE IN MAGIC. Plus, the video will include an additional 9 Amazing Card Tricks that will totally FREAK PEOPLE OUT! (Black Pentacle, Ash Revelation, Card Ressurection, Prediction Correction, Scrying Ball, Picture Assistant, Card Clone, Card Essence and Card Under Glass)

I could sell the complete Card Mentalism Kit: Two Special Decks, a DVD with the Explanation to this Amazing Trick and Bonus 9 Amazing Card Tricks, including all the sleights used. And even special gimmicks for 3 of the other tricks. All for...well I can't reveal that yet. But it will be very affordable.

I'm thinking of making my own website with all the information of my trick, demos, effects, and sell it right off of that website. But I know it will be kind of hard to get people to visit my website in the first place. So, I'm thinking that if I could partner with a website like Penguin Magic, they might help make my trick available to many people. I would sell them the trick at a great discount and they can make a good commission out of it, and of course that will leave me a good profit too. And all magicians or those considering magic, will benefit from having such an amazing effect under their sleeves!

Does anyone have any idea how I might do this? Who would I talk to? How do I approach them? What can be a good deal that would benefit both parties? Should I just make my own website and advertise in magic websites and newsletters? Should I partner with another website to sell my trick directly for me? Maybe create an affiliate program so that others can sell my trick in their website for a commission? I know some people here have already been successful in marketing their tricks and bringing it to the public. I hope that some of you might want to share your knowledge with me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Sorry for the HUGEEEEE post...I just wanted to give enough information so that I can get specific answers. So thank you for taking the time to read this.
maxwell
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of maxwell
Hi Joel,

There have been some great posts in this forum about how to market your own effects. Steve Brooks for one offers some fantastic advice.

At Penguin we regularly make deals with inventors like you. There are a number of different ways the deals can be structured, so we'd have to talk to see which one makes the most sense.

One thing I would caution you against would be going "exclusive" with one distributor. If it's a great effect it'll get more playtime if it's in the hands of all the majors--Fun, Magic City, Murphy's, Mak, D. Robbins, etc.

Good luck with the effect. I can't wait to be fooled by it in person!

Best,

Maxwell Murphy
Penguin Magic
JoelLopez
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
2 Posts

Profile of JoelLopez
Hi Maxwell,

Thanks for replying to my post...I was wondering if anyone would even notice. I really like Penguin Magic. I have ordered a few books, videos and gimmicks from you guys, so I thought that would be a good website to sell my magic effects to. As soon as I make a video demo of the effect I will get in contact with you guys, and see what you guys think about it and its marketing potential. Who should I talk to about that? Can I send an e-mail or would a phone call would be better? If so, what's the e-mail address/phone number to reach you? Please send me a PM with this information. I will really appreciate that. Again thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Joel Lopez
(MagicalSeducer @ Penguin Magic Forum)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Need Ideas to Market a Card Mentalism Effect! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL