The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeking without touching (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Istar
View Profile
New user
Mulhouse, France
42 Posts

Profile of Anthony Istar
Hello everybody,

Recently, I've seen lots of mentalism tricks (like drawings duplications or words revelations) involving peeking —of course— without touching the item used for the writing or drawing.
For instance the magician gives his wallet/notepad and ask for a drawing. He's then able to reveal it *but* while the spectator keeps the notepad in his hands.

Maybe I'm narrow minded but, as distant peeking is concerned (and considering no pre show), I cannot see anything but electronic stuff. Could you please guide me towards some of these materials? Don't misunderstand me, I'm very happy with my usual picking moves that I use on stage or during close-up performances (and I will probably not change), but I'm just curious and that's for my overall mentalism knowledge.

Thanks a lot!
Anthony
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Generally speaking, if you manage to have a time-delayed peek it appears hands off at least. There are several approaches to delay a peek as you may know.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Instinct is essentially a modern, technical peek that only requires 2 cell phones (yours has to be an iPhone). Pretty adaptable to lots of different routines. Contact Myke Phillips on this forum for more info!
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I know few ways to reveal a drawing without ever touching the notepad, but as I don't consider them "Mentalism tricks", they probably won't do you much good.
Reader discretion is advised.
rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
On the Luca Volpe's dvd "In My Mind 1" you can find an effect called "The Connection" that involves a peek without touching with cheap props
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
"Not Touching" the slip is an illusion based (as noted above) timing. Bob Cassidy wrote a treatise on this, I think it was called "The Invisible Billet" or some such.

There are other methods; physical tools that we can use that likewise offer the illusion of never having touched the information but such things would be best learned about by studying Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism and similar literature.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Once again, this discussion is better suited for downstairs. Thanks
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Agreed. Perhaps what you're getting hung up on is not a p**k.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeking without touching (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL