The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Military Slang (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 22:32, Bob1Dog wrote:
R C H a minutely fine tuned adjustment

What does that mean Bob?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'll have to pm you on that.....stand by......
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Ours was,
RCA: Rectal Cranial Adjustment
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Do you know what the R C H is Devious?

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2013-11-13 22:38, Bob1Dog wrote:
Do you know what the R C H is Devious?

Red (Censored) Hair: is a slight adjustment everyone knows that one
except maybe the Army and National Gaurd apparently right? (Hehe)
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
Red (Censored) Hair: is a slight adjustment everyone knows that one
except maybe the Army and National Gaurd apparently right? (Hehe)

Army might and maybe some National Guardsman, but I didn't know that one. I have heard of your RCA term but very rarely did I hear it. In the National Guard you have marines that drill as well so they might use that terminology sometimes around those who were not part of the Regular Army. Well I guess technically I was since I have been under title 10 federal orders for my deployment to Bosnia and Afghanistan. But I still regard myself as National Guard even though technically I was considered federalized and under federal authority when I was activated and deployed. One of the best sergents I had in Afghanistan served in the Marine Corps. He was a very good and effective NCO and made sure we got things done.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
@GeneralMagician,
Fair enough, you get a free pass this time around.

I used this one often,

Tourist:
Anyone who has no jurisdiction or responsibility in the given situation.
("Don't look at me! I'm just a tourist.")
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Latrine Queen; USAF, airman basic recruit given responsibility by training sergeant (DI to you Marines and Army;I don't know what the Navy called them) to get the toilets, showers, floors and walls inspection ready.

gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
We said Drill Sergeant, not DI, when I was in basic training. When the marines came for MP training and called the drill sergeants Sir, the got AC's (ass chewings). They weren't officers, they worked for a living.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Didn't read them all. But 2 I remember well.

Bought the farm. and the dreaded Incoming.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 19:58, acesover wrote:
Didn't read them all. But 2 I remember well.

Bought the farm. and the dreaded Incoming.

An in-country Vietnam vet there! You guys invented "The whole nine yards!" Aces! Glad you made it back.

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
As a Vietnam era veteran the most used expression I remember was "CHICKEN SH**". It represented work for the sake of work. Most of the stuff I did back then could only be descibed a CHICKEN SH**
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 02:48, Bob1Dog wrote:
Short timer; only a few days to aforementioned DEROS; I'm so short I can beat y'alls butts in handball on the curb.

The expression in my unit was, I'm so short I need a ladder to get into my boots.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 12:22, George Ledo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 02:48, Bob1Dog wrote:
Short timer; only a few days to aforementioned DEROS; I'm so short I can beat y'alls butts in handball on the curb.

The expression in my unit was, I'm so short I need a ladder to get into my boots.

That's a great one George!

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:

When you are a short timer in country, that's when you really have to stay alert and watch out. The war doesn't end when you become a short timer in country. It still means you have to stay alert to stay alive. A lot of short timers survive most of their tours only to "buy the farm" at the very end just a few days away from going home.

Two best pieces of advice that I got before my deployment came from my Uncle who served in Vietnam and from an Iraq Vet. My Uncle told me "don't be a hero" and the Iraq Vet told "Stay alert stay alive." Simple yet good advice.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Military Slang (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL