The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Flash paper bill switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Hi,

I've been looking for a way to do a bill switch using a flash paper bill. I live in Australia where the currency is plastic a little hard to fold. I've been playing around with the Mobius switch (Blue Crown) but it's a little clunky with our currency and this effect because the flash bill is only being printed on one side... meaning you need to adjust the Mobius method after the switch to reveal the printed side....like I said, it's a little...clunky.

Any suggestions on a Bill switch that could work with this effect? This one looks interesting "Bill Breaker Magic Trick-Bizzaro" anyone had any expierence with it?

Cheers Kel
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bill Breaker - Sorry, the bill have to be able to be folded in half with a crease.

Wouldn't they know you did not destroy a real bill. Shouldn't your currency melt and not flame up as in burning.
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Thanks Bill...I'm not sure how our currency would burn up as I've never tried it, but I don't think it would melt. I'm not sure it would matter lighting a flash note because I'm not really trying to sell that note as real because I have a funny line after the change and burn it. I don't think anyone really thinks it's a real note, besides, it's not the spectators note I just burnt, it's mine, All they know is the spectators bill has dissapeared...it will ofcpurse show up later.

Just on the Bill Breaker, these flash notes can be folded with a crease. I was playing around with the Mobius switch again and maybe I could adjust the routine a little and switch a 20 to a 5, then go to my fire wallet and try something with the first hand effect.

This is the start of my on stage intercessor effect where not only does the matching corner of a card show up in a lemon, so does the spectators bill (infact it is wrapped inside the bill....so it's just the bill switch at the front I need to work out.

Cheers Kel
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don't know if I understand completely, you mean you want to switch your note for your flash bill. Why, just use the flash note, and false read the serial number or do interceptor and had the torn corner of the real bill to the spectator, or whatever you are doing with it next. Then light the flash bill and poof. If you believe it is real and act like it so will they. I am assuming this is not in a close-up situation.
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Thanks again Bill for your reply,

I'm a comedian first magician 2nd unfortunatly which means I don't quite know how to break these tricks down to workable & simple methods just yet..(but at least I'm trying to be creative with store bought tricks..loving that challenge, and the Café has been great with advice).

I've looked a little closer at the mike kozlowski $100 bill change because I would like to change their bill with my pre-loaded flash bill (without giving away the method) I then burn it and move onto my card act, bringing back the spectators bill at the end of the routine in an impossible location (chick pan). If I could, and I have no idea if this is even possible, I'd like to have the torn corner from the selected card inside the spectators folded Bill, which is loaded inside a muffin/small cake. I purchase a Australian Bill routine from Tim Ellis yesterday http://australianmagician.com/store/inde......uctId=16 which would help with this method.

This is a stage presentation in a comedy club not close up. It's the first Bill switch I need advice on.

Cheers
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
How about crumpling it into a ball?
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
It's plastic so it won't stay crumpled...had the same problem with "Chop" (which I managed to get around using a rubber band to keep it balled)
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
There are some bill switches that do not require any folding (or minimal), but they do use another object for some cover (e.g; a wallet)

Bold Switch (not sure of author, maybe Jaxon)
see Hot Chocolate in Art Of Astonishment V3 p21
License to Thrill AOA V1 p217
Counterfeit Spectator AOA V2 p13

you can see something virtually the same if you look for demo of the Pro Pac (stretching dollar)

you can get some idea of this by looking at Wilson complete course p135 (but it is a bit different)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Thanks John, I'll check them out.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Magik Balay's "four quarters" is the best bill switch in my opinion. It comes with the dvd and a mismade bill. The switch does use a thumb tip but it is super fast. It's on and off in literally a second. No fumbling around. Very smooth. Here's a link to the demo. What I like about it is due to the way you do the switch, you can hand the switched bill out immediately without then knowing you switched it yet. Once it's folded BAM! You do the switch and hand it to them, light off a flash bill that you switched in etc...

Anyway here is that link

http://youtu.be/nXH0Abb6pL8
Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Looks good Bobby....U.S currency would be a little hard down here in the Deep South (Australia)...I'm visiting the states in May, I might grab it for the trip and do some street stuff.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
Hey Kel I'm in Melbourne and have the same problem, I don't think the flash with the bill is a problem (even tho the bill would shrink and let our toxins if you did actually light it) as the flash is perceived to be more of a "magic moment" than just lighting the bill and the audience doesn't really care...

Where do you get your flash bills from?! I cant find Auzzie flash bills anywhere! The closest I've found is a UK note

G
tonysmith
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tonysmith
Hi,,,,
These guys have every Australian denomination in flash bills:

http://www.geelongfireworks.com.au/flash......ted.html

I get all my flash paper/fire products from them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Flash paper bill switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL