The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Chump Card" by Tom Baker (plus all my others!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Have talked/posted on here about releasing some of the effects I've "invented" over the years and believe the time is right...especially since we're really in need of funds to get some bills paid off!! Nothing like being a "motivated seller"!

This includes the newest one that I've been doing with great responses..."Chump Card".

The name comes from the motor racing group I'm a member of, ChumpCar, and since "duct tape" is a associated with the kind of racing we do, and what happens with this effect, it seemed like a natural name for it!

Very briefly,the effect is: A card is selected (yea, yet another one that starts out like this) and the spectator sees that it's a whole, normal card (front and back). They sign one half of the card and it's shuffled into the deck. A second spec chooses a card and also seen to be a full card. They sign half of this card and it's also shuffled into the deck. Now when asked to both name the card they signed, it looks like a "fail" as they were 2 different cards and "not the same card..the way it was supposed to be!!??.." You reach in your pocket and remove two neatly torn separate card halves and a small roll of duct tape. They ARE two halves of the two cards they signed, but NOT the halves with their signatures on them! Since it'd take time and trouble to tape these 2 pieces together, you reach back into your pocket and pull out 2 neatly duct taped (on the card backs) together card halves and these are the two signed halves 'taped together to form one card!! Of course they get to keep this and the other two "non-signature" halves if they want (these other two halves really are the matching halves of the 2 'taped together anyway!).

In addition to this effect, I'm also including the ones I've mentioned on here in the past. Rather than go through those again, what I'm going to do is shoot a kind of preview video and post it on here in the very near future so all can see the different effects and how they look!

Also included will be all my work on the ways to secretly fold a playing card so that it "perfectly" folded! there's so many really good effects out now that require a signed card to be folded, and these methods make this work (easy) every time!

I'll see what people think of these from the video preview/performances and go from there!
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Sounds good, Tom. Looking forward to this.

Iain.
TomBaker
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of TomBaker
Thanks for the post Iain!!

Looks like I'll be changing the name of the "Chump Card" effect as I contacted the motor racing group ("ChumpCar") and that name, or anything close to it, is copyrighted or whatever! So will think of another name for it. Doesn't matter...same effect anyway and I'm really excited about it!! Seeing two full cards signed on one half and then at the finish (which is quick) both ends, with the signatures are found taped together and handed out, is pretty cool (I think anyway!). Maybe someone will give me an idea for a name for this?? I'm sure not the best at "naming" magic effects anyway!

I did the one I call "Flip 'N Color Change" for my son's girlfriend a couple nights ago and although I consider this one to be one of the weaker effects of the ones I want to release, it got an great reaction from her!

I thumb through a blue backed deck and then cut to a card that "fits her" which turns out to be the queen of hearts. The queen goes back in the center of the deck and I turn the top card face up...and when spread, the whole deck has turned face up! She picks any card from the face up deck and when she turns it over, it has a red back!...I place it face up on top of the blue deck and when turned over, every single card is now red backed!!

I think it plays better than it sounds here...I know it made her jaw drop and say "how the **** did you do that!!!!"

Anyway, need to get the "preview" performance video done soon and everybody can judge for themselves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Chump Card" by Tom Baker (plus all my others!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL