The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Folding Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
The magician shows the good quality of the leather and assembles the chop cup.

Right after that, a red ball appears in the cup… Then he starts the fantastic chop cup routine……

- Fashionably made of high-quality leather, with proper stability and good handling.

- Easy to reset and perform.

- Instructional MINI-DVD (requires a PC to view) In the explanation, you will learn a special routine allowing a liquid-filled glass to be produced from the chop cup (provide your own glass).

Each set includes one leather chop cup, one red magnetic ball, one normal ball, and MINI-sized instructional DVD (by Hong Kong Magician Kif Chan)

ALSO, while supplies last, you will receive a free gift: a bronze magic wand (shown in picture). We have a limited quantity, so place your order today!

LINK:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......_id/1343
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I recently received this, and I think I finally have the chop cup I have been waiting for! This is a thing of beauty! I have ordered two more, so now I have every possible combination I might want. I will probably only use one in performance, but I think it is nice to have a few matching extra sets. I might rotate them so they "age" together.

The instruction is not bad. Not much new, but it covers everything one would need. I also noticed a few new moves that I had not seen or remember. It also covers at least one move that would be unique to this style of chop cup. The move has to do with the final reveal of a full shot glass. It involves unsnapping the cup to reveal a shot glass and just a flat piece of leather that was once the chop cup. I am working on a routine that starts by bringing the leather strip out, snapping it together, doing a routine, and ending by unsnapping the cup, revealing the full shot glass, and putting the leather away the same way it came out,.. full circle.

I have thought of taking a black leather jacket and having some snaps attached to the sleeve cuffs so two of these chop cups can be snapped to a leather jacket during performance.

I didn't see this item on the Café, and I thought some of you might like to see it.

KJ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
If you had skinny wrists, it could be worn as a cuff?

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
By the way, on a separate, but related note. I also found this link when I was searching for "folding cups" on the Café:

http://www.eversway.com/KW009-FoldCup.html

This looks like a TOTALLY awesome impromptu cups and balls routine. I just ordered it, so I haven't tried it, but this just looks awesome! I can't wait to give it a try. Imagine you are waiting at the doctors office and you take an old magazine and create a cups and balls routine. In the right setting, I just don't think it gets any better than this.

The routine only costs $12.40. Not $12.41 or even $12.42! This is the first time I have been to this person's website, and I didn't see the name of the creator, but there is another thread from when he first created it and a number of Magic Café people contributed their suggestions. That thread is:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115

I'll update my thoughts on it once I have had a chance to play with it on that thread.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Yes, it is WAY to skinny to go around a five year old's wrists. However, with snaps on the sides of a leather cuff, it might look like it is just part of a cuff. Or, perhaps snapping two together to form one cuff.

Darned it, Zombie! I only purchased three. Now I have to go get one more? At $55 a pop, these things aren't cheap. See what you've done!?

:)

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
In viewing the trailer again, I think the leather "half glove" is a bit much. I don't think I'll incorporate that into the routine.

Unless.. if you have seen the David Williamson Penguin Live video, he does a bicycle entry that is sort of a gag "pretend motorcycle" entry. That might work with the leather jacket and leather chop cup theme.

KJ
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Seen that same design in a book or magazine some years back. I can't remember where it was in print. Nice to see someone brought this to the market place.
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
I own this and can attest to how elegant and well made this prop is.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I'm sold! The Folding Chop Cup looks amazing!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I bought this yesterday,anyone know how long it takes for the download to come through ?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Rowland,
If you are referring to the folding cup on SAO Magic, it comes with a mini DVD.
If you are referring to the eversway site folding cup, I would suggest you send him a PM. His father has been ill. He emailed the link to me within a few days.
KJ.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-11-03 14:23, 1KJ wrote:
Rowland,
If you are referring to the folding cup on SAO Magic, it comes with a mini DVD.
If you are referring to the eversway site folding cup, I would suggest you send him a PM. His father has been ill. He emailed the link to me within a few days.
KJ.

Hi thanks a lot, Ken has been in touch and has sent me the link today. You are correct about his Dad really sorry for him.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Isn't this just PVC?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
In addition to the above, I have bought this and I'm no expert in leather but this thing looks, smells and feels plastic. For the price point it's fine, but as it was sold as leather, I expected leather.

Can any other owners comment on this?

thanks
Sean
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've just had a look at this and it is hard to tell as it is very well made with only smooth sides exposed.

I would say it is as the add copy and the box say it is.

It also comes with a very nice magic wand, a couple of nice carry bags and a final load ball so in all a very nice package.

Check it out here in the UK http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/l......lls.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I got mine from Saturn Magic and it's always a great service.

I agree that it's difficult to tell definitively and it's still a good deal either way.

best,
Sean
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Hum the thing that I like most about it is that it is foldable and takes up not much pocket slack unlike any othe chop cup .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Folding Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL