The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To the cleaners and back! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Within my line of work, I encounter some extreme personalities in the business
world.

Today I arrived at the office just to be served papers on two separate lawsuits. Although they really had no legal basis (lacking care, cutody, and control on my behalf) it started my day off on a sour note. I must admit it simply hurt my feelings that one would assume such a impotent tactic would work on me.

In the past I've accomplished more over a handshake and conversation than could ever be had with a stupid lawsuit.

As of noon, both lawsuits have been dropped thanks to our attorney's efforts.

These issues could of easily been resolved with a short meeting in person or
phone call. The problem lay in the individual's approach to business. (Dealing with one of them is like meeting with Manson and the other is a perfect Scrooge).

To make matters worse, I'm sure they both felt they saw rapid results due to their methods. Surely they'll continue to use the tactic on others. The truth is all the papers did was bring the problem to my attention as I didn't even know the problems existed!

I've had numerous opportunities to file lawsuits but fortunately managed to resolve the problem out of court. But with this being "lawsuit capitol" of the world, it seems I'm one of the very few who's not living off some frivolous lawsuit settlement - no I actually work for a living.

I'm actually grateful to encounter these out of control business monsters. They confirm, within me, how I don't want to treat others and conduct myself. I've decided to continue doing business with those two.

Their ugly treatment of others probably will never change but I do profit from their own mistakes. Observing what doesn't work for them spares me from many of their self-created pitfalls. Some people just don't get it.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Hang on a minute while I get my notebook and pencil... okay, so what are the most common frivolous lawsuits that folks in your area live off of ? (just out of curiosity). Smile

Only kidding. Good thing I have a fairly decent day job since I do not have my phone ringing off the hook for booking engagements! Smile

But, as I sit here this afternoon, I just got back from a very nice Christmas lunch where I performed several tricks for those at my end of the table and had a very nice time. And my gig yesterday went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to have a good time, it's all good !

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » To the cleaners and back! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL