The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Not very magical posts deleted » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Just wondering what happened to to my posts on that I posted on that forum?
What happened to free speech?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0
Freedom of Speech

Please remember that while you are certainly entitled to free speech, we are not obligated to provide the platform for your speech. Free speech does not mean anything goes: you are not free to discuss whatever nonsense you wish on this website. Please remember that we reserve the right to remove any post, at any time and with no explanation given to the poster.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2013-11-10 23:14, NYCTwister wrote:
Just wondering what happened to to my posts on that I posted on that forum?
What happened to free speech?

Since you weren't specific about what posts you were talking about, we can't answer your question except to say post removal has nothing to do with free speech and eveything to do with following Café rules and guidelines.
Where the magic begins
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
The posts were a link to videos from a guy who speaks out against the stupidity he sees in the world.
He's loud but not vulgar.
I've seen members here posting much worse things about EACH OTHER, hence my comment about free speech.

I better stop now before I hurt someones feeling and get banned.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I could be wrong but I believe the link went to the guy yelling about politics, specifically the Obama cabinet. If that's the case, then if violated the rules regarding political topics. Again, not a free speech issued but a violation of the rules.
Where the magic begins
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
I'm sorry but I've read many posts on that particular forum that were not only worse, not only to particular sides of the political spectrum, but towards other members viewpoints.

In any event it's a small matter.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You're probably correct and we try to catch as many of them as we can but we can't catch them all. Your reference is kind of like saying "yes I was speeding but there are others going a lot faster then me so I'm ok". That doesn't make it right.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Not very magical posts deleted » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL