The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Your favorite christmas routine ?! (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I like to perform "Undivided" the torn and restored cigarette routine from Martin Lewis. I perform it silently with "Change The World" from Eric Clapton playing and have certain displays timed to parts of the tune that I feel fit right. Afterwards I usually have a moment to reflect how we can change our own small worlds to some degree but there is One that can and has forever changed the world through the birth and accomplishments of His son.

P.S.- One of these days maybe I will get a recording of it and be able to post it etc. In the meantime I am ok being the unknown magician, hopefully bringing smiles and encouragement to some.

Also hope I don't get busted for copyrights stuff, etc... ssshhh

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Saturday I did the OOTW effect with Naughty/Nice cards. It went over Very Well!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Last night I was playing with a blues version of Rudolph the Blue Nose Reindeer.

Many of my songs, never get heard past my prop/rehearsal room.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
HI - see an effect Iposted on the Chistmas effect forum- Gift box-arrow card effect "the GREATEST Gift EVER RECEIVED" Happy Holidays to ALL __Ralph(russo)Rousseau
FatherWilliam57
View Profile
New user
Beaver, PA
73 Posts

Profile of FatherWilliam57
Quote:
One great routine is given by Duane Laflin in grand magic magazine december 2012 "his name shall be called" based
on Isaiah 9 names of God. All the silks representing the names of God (prince of peace, counselor, and so on...) disappear and are transformed
Into one Jesus silk. Jesus being the one announced by the prophet.

I have checked Duane's site, but do not see a set of these silks for sale. If someone has the article, were these silks available at one time, or was it intended they be "home made"?
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
"If this be magic, let it be an art..." - Leontes
(Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3)
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2014, FatherWilliam57 wrote:
Quote:
One great routine is given by Duane Laflin in grand magic magazine december 2012 "his name shall be called" based
on Isaiah 9 names of God. All the silks representing the names of God (prince of peace, counselor, and so on...) disappear and are transformed
Into one Jesus silk. Jesus being the one announced by the prophet.

I have checked Duane's site, but do not see a set of these silks for sale. If someone has the article, were these silks available at one time, or was it intended they be "home made"?

use plain coloured 9" or 12" silks (Red, yellow, Blue, Green) and blendo them into a 36" rainbow silk
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Last night our band played
Mary did you know
Mary's boy child
& Silent Night among other tunes.

It's great to share vent and my marionette work with a band back up.
I also get to share my harp playing backing them.

Love and prayers

Brother Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2013, themagiciansapprentice wrote:
I use two alternatives for the Christian part of my show

(1) Christmas story bag with a puppet whispering in my ear and turning the bag inside out;

(2) Real meaning of Christmas by Duane Laflin

I've also made up the Angel's Motto cards from the December 2012 "Grand Magic" Magazine, but won't use it in the same show as (2).

Please tell me more about the "Christmas story bag" I have "Noah Story Bag" and "Wordless Book" colours...
Mike.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There will be some Christmas Themed scripts for well known effects in the next Top Hat magazine coming out in a week or so.
http://www.magicbunny.co.uk/tophatv2.php
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
So many great routines and ideas! I'm so glad you're all so willing to share.
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
Tanx Maps,
I like that idea, thanks for sharing Smile
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as we're headed into the season. Anyone have anything new and exciting to share?
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Right now, at the top of the FCM group discussion is my routine idea for Christmas.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/InternationalFCM/

You can also get my latest routine in this month's VOICE (if you're an FCM member)

for those of you who are members of the Christian Magicians UK, I've shared that video over on that Facebook group as well.

Cheers!
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
Matthijs
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Matthijs
Hi guys,

As a full-time professional Christian entertainer I do around 250 shows in churches and schools a year. I have an hour long show that I do at Christmas. This Christmas show is made up of a few puppet acts, five different object lessons, one quiz and fourteen different magic tricks! All in one hour (or a bit more...)

I have split up my Christmas show into twenty small different parts. This has taken weeks of work, because I have made an instruction video for almost every part. So now you can use these ideas within your children’s ministry.

https://www.creativekidswork.com/all-ide......s-puzzle
greetings,

Matthijs

Ps. This is where you'll find lots of my gospel magic routines (with video's) online: https://www.creativekidswork.com/all-ideas?t=217-gospel-magic
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, MrKen wrote:
Thought I'd resurrect this thread as we're headed into the season. Anyone have anything new and exciting to share?

Here are 3 related threads, from the Good News area. I last posted on them in September 2017, so they had activity not too long ago.

Magic Café thread titled... Christmas Ideas for Chapel

Magic Café thread titled... Christmas magic

Magic Café thread titled... Ideas for "basic" tricks for Christmas

- Donald

P.S. Bonus - Here's a recent thread from the Little Darlings area. Several ideas about Christmas Magic in general (not gospel, per se).

Magic Café thread titled... What Christmas effects do you recommend?
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Hi All: I am not sure exactly what I will be doing in a few weeks in our kids Sunday School, but I was thinking I could utilize a "Bob's Barn" which I purchased from Wonder Imagery a few years ago, along with a "Bob the Zebra" silk (kinda looks like a donkey too), some straw, and a Jesus silk. Probably will put in the barn first an animal silk, straw and other miniature versions of items usually found in a barn (I will stop in at The Dollar Tree to look for some items that may work). Then will end up with the Jesus silk being produced out of this production barn.

The routine will be a kids discussion expanded upon/based upon SkyeJethani.com Daily Devotional dated 12/4/2017: "Downward Mobility". The incarnation is a story (as Sky wrote) "of downward mobility; of Jesus exchanging the glories of divinity for the obscurities of humanity, and ultimately accepting the indignities of the cross... (and for us) that the way of Jesus is more about what we surrender that what we achieve."

It just struck me that a prop that already looks like a barn could easily be substituted as a springboard to talk about the humble manger- that He was the greatest King born in this poorest of settings.

Probably will close out the story with all the kids singing "Away In A Manger" with the Cedermont Kids DVD. There are many Christmas story books for kids/crafts that have as a focal point the setting of the manger. The Bob's Barn prop can then be used other times of the year with the color changing Bob the Zebra silks suggested by Tim Sonefelt.
torben
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of torben
Thanks for a number of great ideas. David and Teesha Laflin releashed a new trick few weeks ago Whar does God want for Christmas https://davidandteesha.com/product/what-......ith-dvd/
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I use a Stratosphere and redesign the cover to say J-O-Y . Talk about how to have real Joy at Christmas we need to put Jesus (red ball) first in our lives, Others (yellow) second and Yourself (green) last.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Your favorite christmas routine ?! (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL