The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SAR - anybody use this for readings? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
Does anybody use the SAR system for readings? Any feedback? Worth trying?

Best, bb Smile
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
I'm not sure but I heard that Kenton Knepper's system for readings is out of this world! What is the SAR system anyway?

From,
Cornelius. Smile
Jarroy
View Profile
New user
Birmingham
17 Posts

Profile of Jarroy
The Howard Albright system sold by Abbott's is adaptable to almost any kind of reading.

I'm not familiar with the SAR method.

Jarroy Smile
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Judging from the reviews that it received, I guess it works like a charm =)
Check out http://www.wonderwizards.com if you havent done that already. There's a truckload of quotes and stuff.

Hope it helps...
//Daniel Young
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
I´ve seen the comments at wonderwizards, but wondered whether any Magic Cafe customers had used SAR. Also curious to know how it compares to other systems like Wonder Readings.

bb Smile
Confusion808
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
24 Posts

Profile of Confusion808
I have SAR guys,
It's quite unlike anything else on the market I've seen, as It's done with a "psychology" presentation (and indeed method). For the record, the reading is given in a similar vein to that of "graphology" and is VERY strong. In fact Kenton speaks of mentalists making extra cash by advertising these readings as a semi-scientific practice!, It's that good!
In fact, theres a test on the CD that will get you a certificate in Subconcious Analysis and Reprogramming!

(by the way, I'm finished with the CD and am selling if anyones interested in buying one)
saglaser
View Profile
Loyal user
Champaign, IL
248 Posts

Profile of saglaser
I own SAR, but have yet to use it. I was, however, very impressed. If you want to do readings while distancing yourself from psychics and using a strictly psychological context, I doubt that you could do better.
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Quote:
saglaser wrote:
...distancing yourself from psychics and using a strictly psychological context, I doubt that you could do better.
So, does this mean it's restricted to character analysis or does it go beyond that and enable predictions for the future etc.

/Matias
brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
Does it require much work or memorisation to use? It certainly sounds interesting - depending on the querent (if they´re of a ´sceptical´ nature), it certainly helps to be able to do presentations with a psychological justification.

Thanks, bb Smile
Confusion808
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
24 Posts

Profile of Confusion808
Yeah, there is a bit to memorise, but it's not difficult at all. Infact,the method's not really as elusive as Kenton suggests. I'd used it before in many situations.
Alexander
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Alexander
It's probably sacrilege to say this but I am somewhat skeptical of Kenton Knepper's work.

To be fair I have only seen one tiny sample of it.A very small book called "Completely Cold"

I am very familiar with the field of cold reading and I eagerly looked through the book to see if there was something new that I could use.
I was a bit puzzled and disappointed. I will admit that I did not sit down and study the book thoroughly. I was only skimming through it in some other magician's house.
However, on first glance I realised that the contents on the face of it were not usable by any psychic reader that I am acquainted with.It did not appear to be "real world"
I got the impression that it was just a collection of words and phrases which allegedly would make you a better reader.

Perhaps I did not give it a fair trial. However the impression left was not good. I would certainly not jump with enthusiasm to buy his other works because of this.
I may well be wrong. If I had read his stuff more thoroughly I would be stating my opinion with more confidence.
I shall try and keep an open mind if anyone else has another opinion.
Please bear in mind though, that I am quite familiar with the field and have done many private readings myself.
saglaser
View Profile
Loyal user
Champaign, IL
248 Posts

Profile of saglaser
SAR is not suitable for trying to predict the future. It's for character readings and for giving the client (not sitter in this case) tools for self-improvement. This isn't a psychic reading sort of tool, but rather a psyche reading.

There is a bit to remember, but not lots, and the technique allows you to have prompts right on hand without it looking at all suspicious.

Alexander, I think you may have a different response to Completely Cold if you gave it amore thorough reading. It is admittedly limited. It's not a deep enough technique to allow for deep and detailed readings on its own. It is, however, a way to fairly easily do a brief reading with zero knowledge of the sitter. It's good for the beginner, too, which is fine with me became that's what I am Smile

Of course, if you have additional cold reading techniques, it can certainly be a way to launch yourself into a reading as deep and detailed as your skills allow you to go. On the other hand, if you already have the skills and techniques to do detailed readings, you may not have any need for Completely Cold in your arsenal.
Alexander
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Alexander
Well, as I mentioned I have an open mind.
However, if it is just a matter of giving character analysis readings I hardly think much in the way of a complicated "system" is necessary.
The Barnum Effect combined with a bit of shrewd common sense takes care of that fairly easily.
These short character readings are very limited in scope anyway. They might be all right in an entertainment type situation and I admit that it is possible to get bookings from agents for this sort of work.
However, if you do readings seriously you have to be able to do more than simple character analysis.
However, if you only want to do these short readings I would thoroughly recommend The works by Richard Webster on Palmistry and Numerology. I find the palmistry especially accurate.
I have done many different types of magic and strange activities. I must say that the thing which I found personally to be the most difficult to do was cold reading.
Some people have a knack for it, perhaps. I certainly didn't. I found it hell on earth to learn properly. There are serious ethical issues involved and you need great skill in a lot of areas.
I suppose I tend to be sceptical when anybody says there is a system where you can do instant readings.
I find that 90% of magicians that do readings actually know very little about it. When they say "readings" they tend to mean short character profiles.
Interesting certainly but it is NOT the real work. It really isn't. You certainly couldn't make a living with it.
A good reader should be able to do a reading which takes an hour and is quite in depth. A lot of psychics only do half an hour and this is good as well. I believe however, you should have the skill to read for a whole hour even if you don't use that amount of time.
You can't reach that depth of skill if you only do character profiles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SAR - anybody use this for readings? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL