The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Where was my figure born (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
A couple years at Abbots Flea Market, I purchased an excellent Vent Figure that I've named Daniel Duggins. He has side to side self centering eyes, both eyes wink independantly, his eyebrows raise, he has the hand shaking feature on one arm, ball and socket neck, and generally I conjecture that new he probably sold for two or three thousand. I got him for a song. What I wonder all the time, though, is where the heck did he come from? The guy who sold him to me had no idea, but on the inside of his body it says simply, "O'Leary". He was dressed up like a pirate when I purchased him. Is there a source where I can submit a photo or something and have an expert possibly provide a clue to his providence? If any body can answer this, I will be gratefully indebted to you. Thanks, Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jimeuax
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of Jimeuax
Join the worldvents group at Yahoo groups--someone on the boards will know.-cheers!---Jimeuax
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
378 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
Have you looked inside his mouth with a flashlight? My figure has the figuremaker's name, the late Howard Olsen, written inside.
Jimmy Vee
View Profile
Regular user
Jimmy Vee
176 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Vee
Daffydoug, If you post a pic of the puppet I'm sure we can figure out who made it...
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
I was just wondering...did you ever find out who made your figger? Smile

A few months ago, I acquired a wooden Selberg believed to be owned by a Sister Cabrini or Sister Houdini, tried researching but never got any info on the original owner who used to perform at the Twin City area...

Then just recently, I acquired another vent figger believed to be made by a Schrum as the previous owner described. I emailed Mr Shannon Schrum of Schrum Studios, sent him a few photos and he did verify that the figure is his and it was built in 1987 and was used by Schrum Studios for promotions til it was sold a few years ago.

The feeling of having a figure and searching for the maker and/or the previous owners is a good adventure Smile

Wanlu
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Where was my figure born (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL